Sleeper Bus from Vientiane, Laos to Hanoi, Vietnam

Kaysone Phomvihane Avenue, Vientiane, Laos

Sleeper Bus from Vientiane, Laos to Hanoi, Vietnam Reviews

holdmyhandsforever holdmyha…
Sleeper Bus from Vientiane, Laos to Hanoi, Vietnam Aug 01, 2015
Saving a night of accommodation, we considered a 24-hour bus ride from Vientiane, Laos to Hanoi, Vietnam. Bus fare was around $25. That's already cheap for backpackers like me.

It was my first time to ride a sleeper bus. I was able to get a good seat. I can watch movies on my tablet without interruptions. I can play music comfortably. However, after few hours, the rest room which is located a seat away from me, became smelly and odorous. This made my experience a mix of disappointment and excitement. It was worth trying for. At least, for first timers like me.

Front seats were occupied by old and disabled passengers. Most seats at the back were intended for skinny young men. I have noticed that the upper half had sleeper berths while the lower half had seats.

The Southern Bus Terminal, located 11 km north of the downtown core, straight up Kaysone Phomvihane Avenue from Patuxai monument, is considered the main departure for all international destinations to Vietnam and Cambodia. If you're at the town proper and to easily get to the bus terminal, you can consider riding a Tuk Tuk. Drivers usually charge 50,000 kip. Buying bus tickets from a travel agency is a bit pricey, however, it includes a transfer to the station.
holdmyhandsforever says:
So, this is featured? Sweet! Thank you, Jeremy! :)
holdmyhandsforever says:
Hi Amber, thank you for dropping by. Happy travels to you too! :)
vulindlela says: