Skyline Chili

Cincinnati, Ohio

Skyline Chili Cincinnati Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Way to go for great Cincinnati food! May 01, 2010
I absolutely LOVED this place. Skyline Chili is home of the famous Cincinnati Chili plate.

They serve it in different styles, but the one you want to have is their Chili and Spaghetti. They serve it in three different ways, the 3-way chili is spaghetti, chili and lots of cheddar cheese; the 4-way chili has extra red beans and the 5-way chili includes also raw onions. I kind of don't like raw onions so I went for the 4-way chili.

When the waitress arrived, my buddies explained that it was my first time there, so she said I was a "Skyline virgin" hahaha that sounded so sweet. :)

Then she explained how we should eat the chili. We learned that you are not suppoused to fold the spaghetti with your fork as you would do when you are eating italian food, but you should rather cut the spaguetti so that in each fork-full you would have a bit of spaghetti, chili, beans and cheese. Bob said he didn't know that is the way you are suppoused to eat it and he had been there for years hahaha... so I guess he was still some sort of "skyline virgin" as myself lol. Bob actually liked to turn the plate upside down so that the cheese would be in the bottom and melt easier. I thought it made sense, but the other guys in the table thought that was weird.

Anyway, I really enjoyed coming to this place, I thought it was a great example of awesome local food in the USA.

We also had a small coney, which is similar to a hot dog but with chili and again LOTS of cheddar cheese. Totally mouth-watering.

If you ever come to Cincinnati you must go to this place! You'll love it!
Restaurant ad
Their signature Spaguetti and Chil…
Their signature coney!
vulindlela says:
We do have a few close by.
montecarlostar says:
Thanks Jeremy! I would def go there weekly too if I lived by the area :D do you have these restaurants in Indianapolis too?
vulindlela says:
Great review!
I am not a fan of chili but I love this place also!!
There was a time when I was eating here weekly.

Related Travel Blogs About Skyline Chili

One more day of work, but still a lot of fun
Saturday arrived, and we were still trying to get the project done. My package arrived at noon and I was ready to do more testing. We prepared everything but unfortunately could still not fix the pro…Cincinnati skyline to get some of their Chili. I will talk about it on my review. We still went back…

Check Cincinnati Hotel Deals