Skye Backpackers

Check Isle Of Skye Hotel Deals

Skye Backpackers Isle Of Skye Reviews

signedcutie signedcu…
Decent, affordable Apr 29, 2010
I was part of a 5 day tour and we stayed there for two days.

I rated the value as being lower because considering the fact that I think it was 17 sterling to stay the night, we did not have access to wifi, nor laundry facilities at the hostel itself. We hard to walk a couple of blocks to the main hostel to get those luxuries. That being said, they did say that they were at least working on the wifi part.

It was a very small and safe town in general; however, they did have coded padlocks on the doors leading outside.

Beds were unremarkable but the rooms were pretty cramped. The only nice thing was that it was just people from our tour group that was there at the time. There were no lockers or safe to keep your stuff in.

The staff were excellent and very helpful.

I rated the location low because there was not very much in the town itself. The stores closed very early and I think there was only access to one store.

Kitchen: There was access to a kitchen with an oven and one fridge to store your food. There was not anywhere that I could think of; where to keep any additional food you may have bought that was you did not need to store in a fridge.

Cleanliness: The hostel was clean and safe.

Lounge area was great because they had a fireplace; however, that being said they only burned charcoal. The staff did staff the fire at night; however, it was difficult to keep the fire going near the end of the night.

Related Travel Blogs About Skye Backpackers

The Tour May Be Ending BUT the Party Is Just Beginning!
The darkness had already descended on us as we drove southbound away from the southern Highlands. I napped the rest of the journey back to Edinburgh awaking just in time as we crossed the Firth of Fo…Backpackers on the Isle of Skye...can you believe it?!?! Our chance meeting was cut short as she and her friends…
Scottish Highlands
Of the entire UK, I think the West Coast Scottish Highlands is my favorite destination. It is known for its humid climate... but the frequent climate changes within a single day constitute a big part…Isle of Skye that I returned several times, backpacking and staying in Youth Hostels at first, and for the most…

Check Isle Of Skye Hotel Deals