Skybus Airlines

Columbus, Ohio

Skybus Airlines Columbus Reviews

PhinsAndGills PhinsAnd…
May 25, 2007
I didn't know where else to classify this, so I put it under general. Skybus is currently flying only to select locations in the USA.

We flew Skybus airlines the first week they were in the air. I chose to locate this review in Columbus, because that's their current hub.

First of all, purchasing tickets was about the easiest thing ever. Follow these steps:

1. Go to

2. Choose where you're starting, and where you want to go

3. Shop for the best price.

We were lucky enough to snab $10 tickets from Columbus to Richmond over Memorial Day. When it was all said and done, after taxes and all that, my husband and I paid less than $80 round trip. (Yes, $80 for BOTH of us, NOT per person!) Gas to Richmond would have run us a heck of a lot more than that!

Check-in was like any other airline. They were still working out the "bugs" in their automatic check-in system, but there were employees right there. We did check a bag, which cost us $5. Getting on the place was first-come, first-serve by boarding group (you can pay an extra $10 to be one of the first ones on, but I didn't care enough where I sat on a 45 minute flight and I'm cheap.) We were the second group to board and had exit-row seats. AHHHH leg room!

Now, here's where some people may get turned off. Want a drink? $2 or $3. Meals will run you $8 to $10. Pillows and blankets must be purchased, they do not provide any. At the beginning of the flight, they are very insistent that you take one of their "In-flight menus" which has your food and rink selections, designer handbags, perfume, jewelry, make up, kid's entertainment, etc. (think SkyMall). The difference is: everything in this magazine was on the plane. So if you want it, you buy it, you get it. They come up the aisle with the cart of "trinkets du-jour" (as the pilot put it). I was tempted to buy the $10 kids backpack shaped like an airplane because it had a deep pocket for my crayons (No, I don't have kids. I'm a teacher. I love crayons. Don't hassle me about it.) or the $40 IPod FM transmitter and charger, but I didn't. I did try the breakfast sandwich for $8. While it was better than standard airline food, was it worth $8... debatable. I didn't get it on the return flight, I ate before I got on the plane for half the price and was just as happy.

Overall, I'll be flying Skybus again simply because it's no hassle and it's CHEAPO! Watch the website, the sooner you book, the cheaper the air!

Feel free to message me with any questions.
PhinsAndGills says:
FYI! Skybus is now grounded and out of business. :(
Posted on: Jun 22, 2008
adamy323 says:
Thanks for the info! My parents are coming out here on Skybus.
Posted on: Aug 15, 2007