Skybar, Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Skybar, Traders Hotel Kuala Lumpur Reviews

alimalaysia2020 alimalay…
it is so lovley place May 24, 2011
The place so nice with twin tower view it is on 33 floor so the view so cool the have nice sitting area but in weekend so hard to get nice place to sit unless some body left his place but you can find place to sit but not with great view
prashanthmenon prashant…
The place to unwind on a weekend Feb 09, 2011
I been to many bars in KL but this Skybar caught my mood and it was a perfect place to mingle and even the dance floor by the pool was an awesome. Good music, good service and wonderful people!

Please reserve before you go otherwise you might end up in the Q.
C_Wilkinson C_Wilkin…
Ooooh Mar 05, 2009
We love this place and would be here every night if it was not so darn pricey. The views, the atmosphere is just fantastic but getting that seat by the view is difficult.

Great bar but they should make more room by covering up the pool.
johnnyasia says:
Nobody doubts the quality but it is PRICEY!!!
Posted on: Apr 05, 2009
paddymchugh says:
Dear C Wilkinson,

Thanks for your kind words and apologies for those areas where you were less satisfied. Cabana and window seating are always the most sought after at Sky Bar because of the awesome view of the Kuala Lumpur horizon. Perhaps another reasons is that unlike many bars in Kuala Lumpur we do not impose a minimum spend for those people who wish to book a table or a cabana. Anybody wishing to book a table can call us at +60323329888 or can log on to Two days in advance is advised for cabana seating. Dress code applies.

The team at Sky Bar prides itself on using only premium liquors in the cocktails and for our house pouring. We also use real fresh fruit purees rather than syrups. We also use decent quality champagne in our champagne cocktail rather than sparkling wine. This gives a far superior cocktail but admittedly it costs a little more. We try to compensate for this by not charging a cover charge except for on very special occasions such as New Years Eve.

We hope that you will pay us another visit. If I can be of any further assistance please contact me directly.

Kind regards

Paddy McHugh
Sky Bar Manager

Posted on: Mar 10, 2009
petitefleur petitefl…
Apr 24, 2007
I have always been a fan of alfresco bars, as I particularly enjoy mixing nature with fun conversations, and music that doesn't hurt the ears.

A friend of mine invited me to the Skybar at Traders Hotel in KL for after dinner drinks during my short visit. I was awed and amazed.It was a pool bar with loungy cushions and trendy bar stools set around the entire area. It was beautiful! Located on the 33rd storey, glass panels roofed the ceiling for natural sunlight to penetrate during the day.

For the lucky ones like me, I got the cushion seats by the glass panels, overviewing the magnificent and complete view of the Petronas Towers. In the day, it would be just as beautiful with the entire view of the KLCC park beneath your view.

The music was funky with beats similar to the style of Hotel Costes and the Paris World Live Series. Drinks were great with an extensive list of cocktails and martinis available.

Just a caution: Do not get too drunk or you might find yourself in the pool! (The seats are located pretty close to the pool) =)
Daytime at the Skybar
Sebastian says:
To daprojuiscer: Shangri-La did not change their name into Traders. The Traders hotels are part of the Shangri-La hotel chain. Just like Fanta is from Coca Cola. Everyone has different tastes and whishes, so they create different brands. ;)

On topic: I will defenitly visit the Sky Bar. Also the Luna bar in the Pacific-Regency is great! Same concept, different city view.
Posted on: Oct 17, 2007
gardkarlsen says:
Hi. I'm staying at Traders next week so I will probably check out the Skybar...sounds nice :-)

Posted on: Sep 19, 2007
JazzFlight says:
Oooohhh....thx for the tip!! Will definitely try the Skybar out in KL! It better be good, cuz I've only got one night to spend there.
Posted on: Aug 19, 2007