Sky Tower

71 738 31 55

Sky Tower Wroclaw Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Sky Tower Nov 07, 2015
Sky Tower is a skyscraper in Wroclaw. It is the third tallest building in Poland (after Palace of Culture and Science and Warsaw Spire – both in Warsaw). On the 49th floor is a publicly accessible viewpoint which is the highest observation deck in the country. Sky Tower is facetiously called a Penis Tower because of its shape. Just look at it, it looks like one.

Wroclaw is full of shopping malls (Arkady, Galeria Dominikanska, Pasaz Grunwaldzki to name just a few) but the Sky Tower is quite special. It is the only skyscraper in the city. Despite being the highest shopping center it is still not the largest.

As a shopping mall, Sky Tower is very decent. Not many shops, not many restaurants. If I would be a resident of Wroclaw, I would not call it my favourite.

The Observation Deck, located almost on the top of the building, is listed as one of the greatest attractions of Wroclaw. Well, I wouldn’t say that. In the Sky Tower there is a lift which takes tourists to the 49th floor in less than one minute. The vantage point has room for 25 people. To get to the top you need to buy a ticket few hours in advance. I had to wait more than 2 hours for my turn. I went up but I haven’t seen the city the way I wanted. It was late October and I got my ticket for 5:30pm. I remembered that the sun went down at 6pm on the day before so I was happy that I will be able to see the city in the day light. It was the last chance. People who bought tickets after me would see the city covered by night. But I forgot about one thing. In the night between the day I arrived to Wroclaw and the day I came to Sky Tower, Poland changed the time from summer time to winter time … It gave me one more hour of sleep but at 5pm it was already dark! As dark as it would be on 6pm. So I saw Wroclaw by night! I always though that Wroclaw isn’t that big, but when I saw all these lights so far away I changed my mind.

In my opinion this skyscraper should not be ever build as it doesn’t fit Wroclaw’s skyline. Unfortunatelly it is already there, and it spoiles the view.
time is melting........
here you can buy the entrance tick…
Ils1976 says:
you can always buy some explosives on the internet, but if they ask ... I don't know a thing! :D
Posted on: Nov 09, 2015
Kathrin_E Kathrin_E
Skytower Viewpoint: On Top of the World Aug 02, 2014
The most recent addition to Wrocław's skyline is impossible to overlook. Total height is 212 metres. It was actually supposed to be even taller but the economical crisis in 2008 caused a slight reduction of plans. The Skytower was completed in 2012 and is the tallest building not only in Wrocław but in the whole of Poland, at least concerning the height up to the roof (the Culture Palace in Warsaw is taller, but only because of the antenna on top). I hear from local friends that among Wrocławians the tower has a nickname which should not be said aloud; use your imagination.

The investor behind it is one of the richest people in the country, Leszek Czarnecki. This for the lovers of superlatives! Some apartments are still available, so if you are looking for a home with a view and have money to blow…

The Skytower is a city of its own for about 4.000 people - one could spend a whole life in there without ever leaving it. The tower contains luxury apartments. The „sail“ serves as office buildings. The lower parts contain a shopping mall, doctors studios, fitness club and just about everything. There is even a jogging trail on the roof for daily exercise.

Note the sculpture outside the main entrance, entitled „Profile of Time“. The sign says Dalí; and it is a genuine Dalí indeed.

The 49th floor at the top of Skytower is a public viewpoint which offers a fantastic view of the city. The fast lift takes you to the top in about 50 seconds, something like one second per floor. I have only been up at midday - it must also be impressive at sunset and at night. The view covers not the full round, because the observation deck is located in the „cut off“ top part, but about 270° in total. It is all indoors behind solid glass. The windowpanes go down to the floor, so people with a fear of heights may need a bit of courage.

On a clear day, and since I stayed fo four weeks I was able to pick a day with fine weather, the view is fabulous. It feels like standing on top of the world, with the whole city and surrounding landscape spread out at your feet. The air was clear enough to take zoom photos of individual buildings in the old town and by the river, a couple of kilometres away.

Opening hours: Time slots are given from 9.00 (Sunday: 10.00) to 21.30, every 30 minutes.

Entrance fee (as in 2017):

on weekdays: adults 12 PLN, kids and concessions 8 PLN

on weekends: adults 16 PLN, kids and concessions 10 PLN

Time slots: Tickets are sold for time slots every 30 minutes. You then have half an hour in total to enjoy the view including the lift ride up and down. They are strict, there is no staying behind on the observation deck to extend your stay.

There are 50 tickets available for every time slot. So you may not necessarily be able to go up immediately. Plan enough time. You can go shopping in the mall and have a coffee and snack (only American style coffee bars, unfortunately), or buy a ticket for a later time in the day and come back.

Punctuality: Be at the lift a few minutes before your time slot. Late comers will not be taken up any more. Reservations are possible for groups only (see website), not for individuals!

Getting there: Tram 2, 6, 7, 14, 17, 20, 24 to „Wielka“ - no need to look for stop names, though, as this tram stop is next to the tower and you have to try really hard to miss this building.
Skytower
"Profile of Time" by Dalí
In the lobby
Glass roof above the lobby hall
spocklogic says:
I only saw this from a distance while up in the tower of St. Elizabeth's Church. Caught a good photo of it:

Posted on: Nov 04, 2017