Sky Ranch

Tagaytay-Nasugbu Hwy, Baguio City, Philippines

Sky Ranch Baguio City Reviews

urtahc urtahc
The Crowd : Lack of Safety Jan 17, 2013
It is a sight to behold. People are dazzling from finding a parking space to getting in queue for the entrance ticket.

The Ferry's Wheel installed at the cliff of the hill overlooking the very magnificent view of the submerged active Taal Volcano surrounded with the placid Taal lakes is the apple of the eye in Sky

Eye. Among the many rides and amusement installation within the vicinity of the park we only tried the Sky Eye which costs each of us 150php (3.3usd). The queue is just a snake with forever a never-ending tail. Young and adults and even the entire family are there. Though the queue waiting would take about 20 minutes, the ride will only last for about 3 minutes. True it is just like a miniature of the London Eye at its slow pace motion one can have a 360 degree bird’s eye view of the surroundings down below. Let me say it again, it is in the top of the hill plus the height of the wheel. It was a great view from the top of the world literally. Though we came there late afternoon we still had the last glance of the length and width of the vast nature of the Tagatay. I was totally impressed how it looks like. They only allow maximum of 4 persons to each suspended cabin in the wheel. After our turn we immediately exited and gave way for the next group of riders. Even it was almost dim to see the sights surrounding people are still in queue.

Here’s my thing. What worries me is that while the wheel and other rides are still operational, park goers are prowling down below each giant steel-made amusement installation. From babies still being fondled to the toddlers being towed. There was none even a barrier or temporarily fences for the passersby on places that are within the proximity of any fallen debris should there will be.

Before I took my chance to ride, I was keen on everything but of safety. To be quite honest I was not impressed. It is always a scare to be in places that may somehow could turn into a tragically amusement park experience because they missed and just compromise safety. I hope they can have another round of Safety audit soon enough before things could turn bad.

Here are the prices I took note for the rides they offered. (Jan2014) in Philippines Peso

• Sky Eye 150

• Sky Jump 80

• Bubble O Fun 50

• Jump N Play 150 (1hr)

• Sky Rider – Zip Line 500

To be in the park and ride those amusement installations is at one’s sole or parental risk. Be Safe.

Check Baguio City Hotel Deals