Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)

Phoenix, Arizona

Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) Phoenix Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
PHX - AMS - PHX through Sky Harbor Nov 26, 2009
In January, I traveled to Amsterdam through Sky Harbor International Airport. I took the Arizona Shuttle from Tucson to Phoenix as early as 7:00 a.m. even though my flight was not scheduled to leave until 13:00 hours. I really do not like waking up early since I'm a night person. Nonetheless I settled for the early morning shuttle since the later options would not suit my departure of 12:59 p.m. Mountain Time. As we drove past chandler towards sky harbor, my only worry was how cold it was going to be in Amsterdam: It had been 5 years since I last traveled to Europe in Winter. My friend Toon had kindly advised that I go shopping for warm clothing at a ski shop since it would be the best option seeing as I live Desert Climate. The night before I had diligently packed anything that was twice the ordinary warmth not to mention all the long sleeved tops that would act as layers against the mean cold. My bag weighed a perfect 25 lbs, the required weight.

The shuttle dropped me off first at terminal 4: the International Flights Terminal. I headed straight to the check-in counter and was greeted by a pleasant US Airways associate who checked my bags in and advised me of my departure gate and sent me on my way. I went upstairs to the lounge and decided to have an early lunch at the Shanghai restaurant. I wrote a few blogs while I was at it leaving me plenty of time to go through security fifty minutes before departure. The flight to Philadelphia was delayed 20 minutes. Sky Harbor is a great, friendly and inviting airport with FREE Wifi for it's passengers.

It has 4 Termnials with one International terminal. Parking at Sky Harbor can be costly if you use their garage (something I avoided on this travel since I would be gone for 6 days). Inside the parking garage, parking is $25 a night and outside is $8 a night (none of which I was willing to pay).

Most hotels in the Phoenix area have shuttle buses, I advise you use one if you live in Phoenix, on one occassion I actually parked at the Marriott hotel and used their shuttle to and from on a weekend trip to California (ofcourse you have to ask the hotel if it is ok to pack your car there).

For someone who lives in a low cost town like Tucson, Phoenix is a little costly. My coffee costs an extra dollar on average, not too bad, but if you have to buy a burger king meal for $8 versus $6 in Tucson, you notice the difference. But then again, everything at an airport is alittle pricey, they know you have to buy or leave without. That being siad, Sky Harbor is a clean airport, cleaner than any other airports I have transited through.

Related Travel Blogs About Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)

Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
PHX Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is just outside the business district of Phoenix. It is the main hub for US Airways and is the 9th busiest airport in the U.S. and in the top 15 in the w…PHX Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is just outside the business district of Phoenix. It is the main hub for US Airways…

Check Phoenix Hotel Deals