Sky Diving at North Shore, Oahu

Oahu, Hawaii

Sky Diving at North Shore, Oahu Reviews

Jen1107 Jen1107
Pacific SkyDiving Hawaii Oct 18, 2011
Every time I go to Hawaii, I try to do one activity I've never done before. My last trip (July, 2010) I decided to try skydiving. The hotel's concierge recommended Pacific Skydiving Hawaii but said that they couldn't actually book it for me due to liability reasons. I nervously called the company that day and a friendly man answered the phone. I was able to get a spot the next day bright and early in the morning.

Pacific Sky Diving Hawaii is located on the North Shore. They arrived on time early the next morning to pick me up at my Waikiki hotel. We picked up a few other people at other hotels and we were on our way. Once we arrived, we watched a brief (and very outdated) safety video that many other skydiving companies show.

We then decided which packages we wanted to do. I can't remember prices (sorry!) but the skydive itself was actually not horrible. They were having a special and I believe it was $75 to jump from 14,000 ft. This gives you over one minute of free fall at 120 mph. I chose that and I also decided to add the photography and video packages because I figured it was a once in a lifetime event for me. That was extremely expensive. I know I paid over $300 total for the jump, pictures, and video.

I didn't have to wait very long before the jump. I met my videographer and the guy I would be jumping with. They were hilarious! We practiced what we would do when we jumped and they shot some video before we hopped in the plane. Once up in the air, it is not very long before everyone starts jumping. They don't give you any time to be nervous. I was the third one to jump in my group. I thought you would wait a few minutes between jumpers...nope! It is all so fast you can't even think or be scared.

The jump itself was AMAZING!!! I was scared of the free fall, but that was by far the best part! The scenery was beautiful as you are out over the ocean and the landing was very easy.

I got to view my pictures and video before I bought them and I loved them. I got to choose 3 songs for my video from their long list. The editing was very fast and the video is extremely professional. Also, I have seen many skydiving pictures from friends who have jumped with other companies around the country and I definitely think that my pictures turned out the best. It is expensive but it was totally worth the $.

Overall, I would highly recommend jumping with Pacific Sky Diving Hawaii. The only negative that I found was that I had to wait 2 hours after my jump before they could drive me back to Waikiki. There isn't really anything to do there for 2 hours. I do think that this was abnormal because they did apologize, but if you can rent a car and drive there yourself you will have more freedom.
Practicing the jump on land
Stan...the skydiver that I trusted…
The plane
The views were beautiful!
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review!
cicie says:
Congrat for your feature review.
simsing says:
Congrats! I did paragliding but not sky diving. Definitely want to do it in future!
honeydee21 honeydee…
Best Sky Diving Experience on Oahu, Hawaii May 07, 2008
If you are visiting the island of Oahu and looking for an adventure that you won't forget anytime soon, I will highly recommend that you try sky diving at the North Shore.

There are a few companies that offer sky diving services up north, but I would recommend going with Pacific Skydiving. They are professional, safe (they claimed to not have any accidents as yet), fun and they also make awesome videos and digital pictures if you wish to pay a little more to capture those moments on camera.

So, what does it feel like to jump from a plane? Well, as I jumped from Pacific Skydiving's King Air 100 Skydiving plane, and freefall from 14,000 ft. with the wind gushing over my face, I've never felt more alive. We freefall for a full 60 seconds before my tandem master, George, 'pulled the little thingy' and the parachute opened.

"When the people look like ants — Pull.

When the ants look like people — Pray."

The view was simply AMAZING! From high up there, you get an unobstructed view of the entire island of Oahu: the North Shore beneath you, Kaena Point to the northwest, Pearl Harbor to the southeast and even beyond to Diamond Head! I thought that I was in heaven for a second...

Check-out these pictures for yourself... and don't just sit there and gawk! Try it for yourself! Or surprise your loved ones with a jump they will never forget! (Makes a great gift for birthdays, anniversaries, or perhaps even a unique way of proposing in the air... just a few suggestions! lol)

"If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, then get out of the vehicle."

- Anon
alvinooi1981 says:
That's amazing! How much does it cost? Is there extra charge for photo?
Posted on: Sep 19, 2008