Sky Bar

Sky Bar - Having some fun

Sky Bar Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
The Astronomy Bar in Tucson Feb 26, 2010
An astronomy bar?? This new astronomy themed bar opened downtown Tucson on the famous 4th ave in November last year. It replaced the former dingy North that many people did not like (thank goodness). It is located right next to Brooklyn Pizza, this is not to be mistaken with Sky Box which is also a famous music bar more to the east of Tucson. A friend headed over to Sky Box instead of Sky Bar. I went to Sky Bar for one of Southern Arizona Adventure Company's Friday Happy Hours (which I have not attended in a while). I changed my mind several times during the week about attending the Happy Hour because it was being held in a Bar on 4th avenue. I do not like 4th avenue and do not go there at all. I think it has too many school kids and is overly crowded.

I must admit I was surprised more than liked the Sky Bar. The the interior was quite sterile, feeling still and dark. Their happy hour began early especially since our meet-up was using this venue. We had a group of 77 confirmed and a few more later on. The happy hour ended at 8:30 I believe, I left way before then as I stayed for only an hour or so. There was a giant screen near the pool table with awesome, I mean incredible feeds of the stars from the telescope on the roof. It is incredible to see the constellations on the giant screen (astronomical bar, wouldn't you say?).

The drinks were reasonably priced, but what I disliked was the wait time after ordering pizza from next door. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that you can order food from Brooklyn's Pizza and get it delivered to you at Sky Bar, but it would add to their service credit if Sky Bar made their own appetizers or entrees for their customers.
The Bar
I don't know what this was about
Great light holder
My friends
Africancrab says:
Not far indeed. From Atlanta you can get to any part of the US easily, some areas will be a little more expensive. But Arizona and Florida are pretty close.
Posted on: Mar 18, 2010
dieforu says:
thansk lot!!ooh i saw in ur blog,this town in Florida lloks nice also,right?i forget the name:-)..cos my friend told me Atlanta is not farway from Florida:-)
Posted on: Mar 18, 2010
Africancrab says:
There you are :)
Posted on: Mar 17, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Sky Bar

Happy Hour at Sky Bar
This week's Happy Hour was hosted at sky bar. Sky Bar offers patrons a vivid look into deep space through color images of nebulae, galaxies and star clusters, as well as a full bar with top shelf liq…Sky Bar offers patrons a vivid look into deep space through color images of nebulae, galaxies and star clusters, as well as a full bar with top shelf liquor…

Check Tucson Hotel Deals