Skipper's Pier Restaurant & Dock Bar

www.skipperspier.com - (410) 867-7110

Skipper's Pier Restaurant & Dock Bar Deale Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Good seafood at a dock off the Bay just an hour outside of DC Jun 05, 2011
A seafood buffet while sitting on the dock is the way to go on a Friday evening in the middle of the summer!

The Skipper's Pier was recommended to me by a co-worker. We hit the highway and rove just over an hour from DC to get there and it really wasn't too bad of a drive; there was some minor traffic, but once we made our ways through all the residential turns, we arrived at the Skipper's Pier.

Parking is a premium and you might have to walk down the road to satellite parking. As we looked for a parking space, we couldn't help but make fun of the people waddling out of the restaurant and down the road (by the end of our people and on the way out, we realized we were waddling as well).

We went for the seafood buffet, which was good, but I have had better. The ambiance, the crowd and good company made it worth it. We had only wished we had booked a B&B instead of driving back out to DC. They also have all-you-can-eat crabs as well as regular entrée items. When you're done, you can go sit at the bar (that's if you can make you way across the dock without falling in the water). Although I don't drink beer, they have some great HH specials ($2 for beer from 7pm-close)-try walking back to your car on a narrow dock after a few drinks!

Although it's was a bit of a drive, I would go there again and perhaps consider spending the night instead of coming back in DC-yes, I'm lazy, I know! Enjoy!

Check Deale Hotel Deals