Skagway Brewing Company

Skagway Brewing Company - The Skagway Brewing Co

Skagway Brewing Company Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Tourist Trap for Lunch Jun 06, 2012
We didn't really know where to eat in Skagway, but we knew we didn't want ship food. Rather than stop in the first place we saw, we walked until we saw the Skagway Brewing Company. I don't know why we even picked this place, it turned out to be rather expensive ($20 for my meal -- lunch).

Being a ship was in town, the place was busy, but we were seated immediately. However, service was extremely slow. It's like the waitress forgot us or something. I ordered the salmon sandwich, despite it being $15. It was locally caught, and I don't normally order salmon. I figured when in Alaska... I also got a draught root beer, which was quite tasty. The salmon sandwich was good, after I deconstructed it. The horseradish mayonnaise was a little too powerful (powerful in the sense it cleared my sinuses). I ate the salmon meat alone, which was delicious. Plus, their fries were good. Even though they looked overdone, the weren't. Plus, they were seasoned with just the right amount of spice.

We paid cash and expected our change, but instead, the waitress kept it as her gratuity. It was only $5, but I would have liked to have given it to her, rather than her keeping it.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend the Skagway Brewing Company for lunch. I'm sure there are other more reasonable places in town.
salmon sandwich and fries
The Skagway Brewing Co
root beer
monky says:
Congrats on the feature!:)
spicyricecake says:
Congrats on your featured review!
trippin_jen says:
Congrats on being featured! :)

Check Skagway Hotel Deals