Skagit Valley Tulip Festival

Mount Vernon, Washington

Skagit Valley Tulip Festival Mount Vernon Reviews

aelder2259 aelder22…
Tulip Town Apr 16, 2011
Open tot he public every weekend in April each year, $5 to get in ($4 if you're military). Tulip Town is a bit smaller than Rosengaarde, but has the advantage of an indoor pavilion (which is handy when it's raining). The pavilion features samples of the different varieties of flowers grown in their fields, a three-wall mural, shops, and eateries.

If the weather is still in the 40s the first part of April, go during the last weekends of the month to see the most blooms.
Nair2011 Nair2011
Mother nature blooms @ Roozengaarde and Tulip Town farms. Apr 19, 2010
I have heard of Skagit valley from my mom. She visited with my brother and recommended the same. I have not expected what I have seen there though and keep clicking pictures till battery exhausted.

We can see different colour of Tulips till the eye can see.. 1000+ acres of Tulips. Tulips will blossom in all farms only between April 1 to 30.

Skagit valley located an hour drive in north of Seattle. Information center there will let you know current info about the tulip farms.

Roozengaarde has a small park before entering to the farms. The park has all the different tulips they grow. This park is open throughout the yea.

Tulips town is smaller comparitively Roozen garde. But it has an indoor park and a trolley ride to take the people around the park.

Once in lifetime experience of Mother Nature from Washington state.
@ Skagit valley Tulip festival
Tulips @ Roozengaarde park
Tulips @ Roozengaarde park
worldcitizen worldcit…
Bloom dates according to mother nature Apr 09, 2009
The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival runs every year from approximately April 1-30. Skagit Valley is about an hour north of Seattle and the festival makes an excellent stop if you are driving between Seattle and Vancouver at that time.

Because it was unclear about where the festival location was, I Googled directions to "Skagit Valley". Fortunately, not long after I got off the freeway, there was a visitor's center. A man there gave me the latest tulip news and directions to the Roozengaarde and Tulip Town farms.

When I went, there were plenty of daffodils, but only a few tulips had bloomed. The daffodils were lovely and I thought it was definitely worth it to check out the tulips. I think I also avoided crowds by going earlier in the season... less people to get in the way of my pictures!

Some of the farms do charge admission, probably no more than $5. If you are going, my advice would be to stop in at the visitor center first. You can check the website or call ahead for info on how colorful the fields are before you go. Also, be sure to wear shoes that you won't slip around in and are willing to get muddy!
travelman727 says:
Another great review, Ekua! Sounds like its time for me to tiptoe through the tulips :-D
Posted on: Jun 15, 2009
sylviandavid says:
wonderful review!
Posted on: Jun 14, 2009

Related Travel Blogs About Skagit Valley Tulip Festival

Dreams Came True in Washington State
Thinking of Washington State, USA bring smiles on my face. Reminds me all memorable places I have visited. Refreshes the memories of time spend with my family. Washington state has great places to v…Skagit valley tulips festival in Mount vernon to Mount Rainier Volcano to Deception pass brige to Narada falls. Also this…

Check Mount Vernon Hotel Deals