Sjøflyhavna Kro

Fornebu, Norway

Sjøflyhavna Kro Fornebu Reviews

LindsayA LindsayA
Perfect for the sunny days Aug 22, 2012
I read about this place in the SAS inflight magazine and decided to pay it a visit. It's located just outside of Oslo at the old airport area known as 'Fornebu' although this building is actually linked to Seaplanes (Sjøfly)

The building itself is 60 years old and has a variety of uses through the years, it was recently restored to its original state. It has such an interesting interior with numerous pieces of seaplane and maritime paraphernalia.

It offers a number of nice dishes which I am steadily working my way through. I can recommend the chicken salad with red pesto and the burger.

The best bit about this place is the location. It is easy to get to, either with a car (free parking) or bus 31 from Oslo.

The inside is nice on a dismal day with plenty to look at. But on a sunny day.... wow!

They have an outdoor seated area which is waitress service for food. Then after eating you can take your drinks (and ice cream!) up to the room terrace and sit there, soak up the sun and enjoy the view of the Oslofjord.

It is my place of choice on a sunny day in Oslo.. although of course we don't get all that many of them.
From their website, clean shiny vi…
From their website, external view.
All sorts of interesting bits and …
Enjoying the top deck on a sunny d…
dieforu says:
good to know:)Thanks for the info Lindsay:)
Posted on: Aug 23, 2012
LindsayA says:
Thanks for the update Sarah, I believe that the cafe has come and gone since those early days. I'll correct my misinformed waitress and update the review! Maybe it's just this 'reincarnation' since the restoration she meant.
Posted on: Aug 22, 2012
sarahsan says:
Lindsay, the café wasn´t born when they renovated the building. There has been a café there since 1949. I have eaten there since 1991, but I remember it since I was a child.
Posted on: Aug 22, 2012

Compare Baerum Hotel Rates (0.7km away)

Fornebu Map