Sizzling Express

600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC, USA

Sizzling Express Washington Reviews

X_Drive X_Drive
Food by the Ounce!!! May 21, 2010
This is the first time I have had the chance to eat at a luncheon salad buffet that charged by the ounce. Our friend Andrew (Andy99) walked us to this place only a few blocks from his office. The selection is amazing and with so many temptations it’s hard to hold yourself down to a lunch you can afford. I don’t eat a lot, but this place made me feel like a glutton. My lunch was over $10! There are sandwiches available for those who prefer that and there is a bar where you can sit and drink your lunch. This must be one of the best places around, because we had a hard time finding a place for us to sit in the overcrowded tables. I must admit that the food was very good and fresh.
Andy99 Andy99
Something for everyone at Sizzling Express May 21, 2010
I often recommend Sizzling Express to visitors in Washington, DC. The casual restaurant offers a large salad bar and hot buffet with a variety of dishes from Asian to Italian to meat loaf. I think everyone can find something to enjoy here.

Typically, I will have a small salad, a spring roll, and noodles. I'll put another selection, ranging from Chicken with Cashew Nuts to Italian Sausage with Peppers, with that. Hot buffet items change every day.

Note that the food is sold by weight. Don't overload your plate with all the temptations!

Deli sandwiches can also be ordered if you don't find something you like on the buffet.
Sizzling Express on Capitol Hill
Typical buffet selection at Sizzli…
X_Drive says: