Sizzler Reviews

ice4swervin ice4swer…
Streak, Seafood and All you can Eat Salad Bar Restaurant Feb 14, 2009
This is my favourite Australian Restaurant, which I do believe originated in America, Thanks. Now I absolutely love this place and have eaten here many times and in many of their locations in Australia. The idea of this restaurant is to fill you up and they do a great job. You can have a choice of something from the menu, steak, chicken or seafood but also have the option of an all you can Eat Salad bar. The salad bar is comprehensive, with soups, pastas, ready made salads, or make your own and even a dessert bar! The menu has many exciting things to please the pallet but my favourite is their Malibu Chicken, a simple chicken pattie with ham and melted cheese on top. I always think I might try something different, but I never do... LOL.

The experience starts when you line up at the door, before ordering and paying for your meal before you are seated. When you are seated a waitress will visit your table and check the order and shortly return with a cheese toast that simply melts in the mouth and teases your taste buds. The meals usually take 15 minutes and in the mean time you help yourself to the salad bar. To start with their is a choice of 2-3 soups and also pasta with 2-3 different sauces. Their is a special vegetarian potatoe bake and also baked potatoe skin chips. The salad bar has two sides, one with everything you could ever wish for to make your own salad, fresh fruit and sauces. The other has a range of pre made salads with some exotic and surprising choices. During the week when I went they also had a seasonal specialty of 5 seafood salads. I chose the Prawn and Cashew nut Salad and spicy carrot salad and I wasn't disappointed.

You can replace your plate at anytime and have access to fresh cutlery. The main meal is served to your table. Once you have gotten this far, then you have the option of dessert also. The dessert bar has usually 4 dishes like Tiramusi or Pavlova along with a choice of vanilla or chocolate ice cream with various topping like smarties or sprinkles. They even bring after dinner mints to your table toward the end of your meal and toothpicks.

There is also a children's menu, kids under 4 eat for free and they will provide the children with colouring pencils and a games sheet.

I highly recommend this restaurant, but don't plan too many activities after wards as I have always found that nice long sleep is essential.
Australia Map