Six Senses Yao Noi

Six Senses Yao Noi Rates and Deals

Six Senses Yao Noi Ko Yao Reviews

caseyc caseyc
Perfect Relaxation May 19, 2012
Whenever I travel anywhere around the world, I'm not particularly picky where I stay as long as it's safe and clean! I'm not fussy when it comes to sharing dorms and amenities are basic. However last year I was lucky enough to win flight tickets through a photography competition, and after deciding on Thailand (I've been twice already yet STILL hadn't seen Phi Phi, and I do love Thailand very much!) I decided to treat myself and stay somewhere luxurious!

After taking a small boat from Phuket to Koh Yao Noi (translates to Little Island) I was greeted on the jetty not only by at least 4 friendly staff members but the hotel manager himself, which I thought was a nice touch! I was then ushered into a golf buggy to take me to my villa (perched on a very steep hill!). I was given a quick drive around showing me the resort and where everything was, and had a 'butler' to take care of my every need.

The villa itself was gigantic, all made from wood, with the most amazing view of the ocean and islands in the distance. I had both an indoor and outdoor shower, and the open plan bathroom shutters opened so you could relax in the huge tub overlooking the beautiful island. The pool was big enough to do a few laps and it was so peaceful laying on the loungers with a book every day and not getting disturbed. It was all very private and secluded, I've never felt to relaxed.

I treated myself to some treatments in the spa, and also got a yoga mat from the hotel which was put in my room so I could exercise every morning surrounded by nature. They also had yoga sessions every morning up on the highest peak of the resort, probably the most beautiful and relaxing yoga sessions I have done! The bed was big enough for 5 people, and was so soft I fell asleep in seconds.

The resort have their own 'time', as soon as you get off the boat you are advised to set your watch an hour forward, which means you get up earlier and make the most of your day, which I thought was a clever idea. They also have their own vegetable patches, mushroom huts and herb/spice gardens, everything is organic.

The food was delicious, you could dine in one of the many eating areas, or have dinner delivered to your villa. They served Thai and Western dishes and were beautifully presented. If you fancy a treat at any time of day, there is even a small ice cream parlour, with the most delicious treats all made by hand.

It was easy to explore outside of the resort, one day I took a kayak to a neighbouring island, another day I hired a quad bike and drove the shoreline around the island and ventured through the middle. In a neighbouring village there were markets and yummy street food. As the island is so small, the prices are a little higher than on more popular islands or the mainland, but still all very reasonable.

Staying at Six Senses was definitely a treat I won't get to have often, and to be honest I prefer my backpacking lifestyle, but it was such a nice treat and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a spa getaway.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see Phi Phi, the weather got so bad the second week that even small boats weren't floating around the island. Disappointing, but all the more reason to visit again :-)
One of the bars with a pretty view!
Yoga on the hilltop
Kayak to a neighbouring island
The villa pool :-)

Six Senses Yao Noi Overview

Koh Yao Noi is a picturesque island in Thailand's Phang Nga Bay - the unique natural environment setting for the 9.6-hectare, or almost 24-acre Six Senses Hideaway Yao Noi, that exemplifies the Six Senses Yao Noi philosophy of Redefining Experiences from arrival to departure. The natural vegetation and tropical landscaping provide privacy and allow glorious views over Phang Nga Bay. The resort has 54 generously proportioned, private pool villas, plus The Hilltop Reserve, and the Retreat; all represent an uncompromised standard of luxury. The attention to detail and focus on the reality of the destination reinforces Six Senses Yao Noi s commitment to the environment. Each villa has its own infinity-edged pool with sundeck and is attended by a personal butler who is trained to anticipate every whim. Dining options abound with several restaurants and bars and a well-stocked wine cellar. The Dining Room offers fine dining with Mediterranean cuisine and features a glass floor with a creek meandering beneath. The Living Room presents a marriage of world cuisine, with an emphasis on Thai, plus tandoori and pizza ovens, and an open grill, while the Chefs Table offers a very personal dining experience for just eight guests.

Important Note

Compulsory transfer from and to Phuket or Krabi airport is now available at special price THB 4,500 per person (min. 2 persons travelling), payable directly at the resort, for roundtrip by land, proceed by motorboat join transfer. Flights details are required in advance for proper arrangement

One way helicopter transfers from and to Phuket airport are available at THB 56,00 plus government tax per helicopter for a maximum of six persons traveling at the same time (subject to weather condition).

Rates are based on double occupancy. Charges for extra adults may apply and will be due directly to the hotel.

Six Senses Yao Noi Amenities

• Massage
  • Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Body Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes