Six Flags Fiesta Texas

(210) 697-5050

Six Flags Fiesta Texas San Antonio Reviews

Valdene Valdene
HOT..Long Wait times..crazy tourists..and did I say HOT! Apr 01, 2011
Drove to San Antonio from Houston for my Birthday in the middle of August (Never doing that again) to go to six flags and it was wait after wait... after wait..long wait on the freeway, at the exit, to get into the park, at the booths and that's not including the rides...me and my friend waited 2 hrs to get onto our first ride..that said when we finally did get on..it was pretty awesome and almost made up for the wait...(almost)...we rode a few of the other popular rides and realized half of our day was gone..so we decided to go on over to the water park which was a lot more fun and a refreshing break from the heat..but their wave pool is incredibly LAME....no big waves..more like ripples...a HUGE disappointment...Disney's Typhoon Lagoon (Florida) and Schilitterbahn (Texas)... have much better offerings if you're looking for great water parks. In terms of services and maintenance, it was poor contrasted to the other Six Flags I've been to but I'll admit I still enjoyed it.
maestorm maestorm
pleasantly thrilled! Jul 04, 2008
4th of July weekend was coming up and we were trying to figure out which Six Flags to go to while in Texas. We ended up choosing the Fiesta instead of the Six Flags Over Texas due to the convenience (we knew people there and it was a shorter drive from where we were).

I LOVE thrill rides and couldn't wait to get on as many of them as I could. We had a late start - it was around 3pm, 4th of July and I was for SURE thought it wasn't going to work out since it started to pour and I became pessimisitc with the idea that most of the rides were shut down.

But the thrill ride god was on my side because the rides remained open! WOOT! WOOT! I had expected the lines to be LONG since it was a holiday weekend but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't as bad as expected. I think the longest we had to wait was about 45 minutes??

My top picks are as follows:

#1. Superman: Kryptnite Coaster; located: Spassburg

description: fly 16 stories high at 70mph. they removed the floor so your feet is dangling in the air as you go through twists, turns, corkscrews and spirals

#2. Poltergeist; located: Rockville

as soon as the attendant says, GO! You GO from zero to 60mph in just under 3.5 seconds... so make sure you're facing forward to prevent yourself from getting whiplash!! short and quick ride, but sweet.

#3. Goliath; located: Lost Festivales

what made this ride AWESOME was that the 4th of July fireworks started to go off as we were on it and made for a SPECTACULAR view! This was our last ride and was definitely perfectly timed by coincidence! Your feet dangles in the air as you race at 50mph

#4. Hill Country Racer; White water Bay

I think this was the water ride where you're strapped in with another person and there's only one steep drop. EVERYONE gets soaking wet. EVERYONE. No one is left unscathed! It was fun and refreshing!!

#5. Tony HAwk's Big Spin; Fiesta Bay Boardwalk

This wasn't a thrill ride at all. It was MODERATE! But I had to try it out since it's their newest. You're basically sitting on this thing that spins you endless 360s just like Tony Hawk does on his skateboard. It's not a fast ride at all and this was the only ride that shut down when it rained really hard but opened back up when the sun came back out.

No complaints other than the fact that when it got close to fireworks time, they started closing of sections of the park, including rides!! Oh, and the super long lines for funnel cake!! :(
Fireworks by the Goliath
The BEST RIDE at the park!! Superm…
stuartx13 stuartx13
Nov 12, 2007
Six Flags Fiesta Texas still stands apart from the crowd. Few visitors leave San Antonio without stopping by for a day of fun at one of Texas' most popular theme parks.

Fiesta Texas' popularity is largely due to the fact it is a multifaceted theme park - offering park visitors the chance to experience everything from roller coasters to waterslides in a single day. But, of course, like any theme park, the big rides get most of the attention. And, at Fiesta Texas, there are plenty of eye-popping rides. The Superman Krypton Coaster, Tony Hawk's Big Spin, Poltergeist, and The Rattler are among the most popular thrill rides at Fiesta Texas.

However, for those looking for a little milder ride, Fiesta Texas offers plenty of family and kid appropriate rides. The Crow's Nest ferris wheel, Daffy's School Bus Express, Taz's Tornado, and Scooby Doo Ghostblasters are among the family favorites. Foghorn Leghorn's Barnyard Railway, Yosemite Sam's Wacky Wagon, and Bugs' Whitewater Rapids are among the most popular rides for the little ones.

During the heat of summer, many park visitors rely on Fiesta Texas' onsite water park - White Water Bay - to keep cool. White Water Bay offers a variety of water rides ranging from mild to wild, so everyone in the family is assured a safe, fun experience.

Fiesta Texas also offers a full compliment of live entertainment, including shows, parades and concerts. And, from May 27 - Aug. 13, Fiesta Texas features a nightly fireworks and laser show beginning at 9 p.m.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Related Travel Blogs About Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Fiesta Texas
I love theme parks and luckily, there's a huge one in San Antonio. Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I really liked it because there's a lot going on but it's quite tightly packed together so you don't spend a…San Antonio. Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I really liked it because there's a lot going on but it's quite…
San Antonio, TX
San Antonio is the second-largest city in Texas and is the seventh most populous city in the United States. San Antonio, which is the county seat of Bexar County, covers over 400 square mil…Texas region.   San Antonio is home of its famous River Walk, the Alamo, Tejano culture, and be home to SeaWorld and Six Flags Fiesta

Check San Antonio Hotel Deals