Six Degrees Backpackers Hostel

Six Degrees Backpackers Hostel Rates and Deals

Six Degrees Backpackers Hostel Jakarta Reviews

darkangel81289 darkange…
Good hostel with horrible staff Jan 11, 2015
I enjoyed my stay overall because they had the movie area, pool table, rooftop, friendly cat, you can buy cheap drinks, and good breakfast. HOWEVER, I am only giving it 2 stars because one of the staff and his friend groped me! I came in late due to my flight be very delayed and decided to not go to bed. The worker and his friend were playing pool. At first they were friendly. Then out of nowhere they came onto me and touched me innapropriately. I quickly decided to get the heck out of there and the worker followed me and grabbed me by the wrist and insisted me to go to the private room. I did not pay for that room....I paid for the dorm room. I seriously thought I was about to get raped that night. Crazy that they have been winning awards for best hostel. I did not feel safe at all. I shouldn't have even given them 2 stars.
simonefabbri simonefa…
Great backpacker Hostel in Jakarta Centre Jan 08, 2014
Great hostel, good location and very friendly staff.

The hostel has several useful facilities, among which free wifi, billiard table, common areas, green terrace, gym and many others. It is the tipical northern european hostel, very innovative, which is uncommon in Indonesia. Prices are very cheap, especially given the great value of the Hostel.

The location is good, it is near to several transportation hubs and it is only 2 km from the central station.

Only downside: the nightlife in the area is poor, and you are forced to move in order to find popular bar and clubs.
andrejav andrejav
Six Degrees Jul 19, 2013
Six Degrees hostel was definitely one of the best hostels in the whole Indonesia. It is not on the beautiful spot or surrounded with incredible nature, but the way they organized the hostel and quality of lodging is simply excellent. You will have to pay a bit more for this pleasure, and 135000 rp covered my 8 bed dorm.

Jakarta is a bit weird city without real central area and not many places to go if you are here as a tourist. Hostel is couple stations away from the central rail station and a airport bus hub so that brings some easiness to the transportation options. I arrived to the central station approximately knowing in which direction I should go, and I walked to the hostel (some 2 kilometers away). It was not that hard to spot it, but their door is a bit hidden and you must know other markers in the area. The best way is to follow the info and little map that they have on their site (or any hostel booking site).

You can take metro train which 5000 cheep or take one of the motos for 20-30000. Always set the price with your driver before you go somewhere or you are not going to be happy with the outcome… Staff at the hostel is super helpful and nice. It is owned by the European guy that traveled all over the world and got good grasp of what is needed for a good hostel.

Bottom floor is made to be hanging out area, with nice billiard, bunch of videos, movies, games and books all over. As soon as you enter you are greeted at the reception and you’ll get the special key that you have to use when entering the building. They have it on the easy-carry bracelet that you put around your wrist together with the room key. Nice projector room doubles for movie theatre but it looks like it could be a stage for a bit of the music and fun… There is a breakfast included in the price and you can also order stuff from the kitchen menu most of the day.

All the rooms are upstairs and you’ll go up with a bit small and sharp stairs. Every floor has excellent bathrooms and showers with hot water. I think that there is 5 floors including the roof top balcony. I was on the third floor in the elongated room with capsule like beds. Every bed is like cave and you can cover the “cave entrance” with the curtains. Inside you will have everything that is needed for a good sleep which includes good bed, electric plugs, personal light, and enough space to be very comfortable.

If you keep going upstairs you’ll reach small gym and the community kitchen area. Hostel has lots of space which is very well organized and they are going through process of making it look good.

Special treat is the rooftop with bunch of benches and tables to sit and enjoy the outside. Small “tower” lets you look over rooftops and see the sunrise, sunset and different neighborhoods of Jakarta. WiFi is available through the hostel.
bagusferriyanto bagusfer…
The Best Backpacker Hostel in Town Apr 22, 2012
I have been staying here two times. First time was in February 2012 and latest was the beginning of April 2012. This place is new, clean and meet all the basic expectation for backpacker standard. Staff and owners were very friendly.

The bathroom is clean and shower is good, AC room, they have free wifi access as well for computer use, Movie room, free breakfast include and located at downtown of the city and accessible everywhere.

I think I can write a book about this place.

Room Tip: Either their sharing dorm room or private room are valued to stay.

I would highly recommend you to stay at this place if you want to stay low in Jakarta!
Me at Lobby with friend
Single private room
cthunder86 says:
thanks for sharing
Posted on: Sep 05, 2012
Glynnes says:
Thanks for sharing your review.
Posted on: Apr 21, 2012
meikeputri meikeput…
Good Hostel Feb 16, 2012
Six Degrees is owned and run by Dave, an Irishman who's stayed in really good and really bad hostels all over the world. His dream was to create a world-class hostel right in the middle of Jakarta - one of the world's busiest cities.

The result is Six Degrees.

You'll find simple, clean, comfortable rooms, a cafe-lounge, mini-cinema, pool table. bamboo roof garden and a whole lot more. And you can expect a warm welcome from the friendly people at Six Degrees.
BGMarie BGMarie
Absolutely Amazing Jan 21, 2012
I stayed here with my sister in January 2012. We absolutely love this place! Its close to the train station, the owners are amazing people, there is lots to do on location, and hopping in a taxi to go somewhere doesn't cost much.

We fully, 100% recommend this hostel for anyone looking for a good place to stay in Jakarta.

I cannot rave enough about it! When I come back to Indonesia I will definitely stay here again and everyone I met on my travels was told about this place.
g-man0 g-man0
Afforable hostel with 1st class amenities and service Mar 27, 2012
Situated in the busy Jalan Cikini Raya within the Central Jakarta district of Cikini lies Six Degrees backpackers Hostel. The location of the hostel places it within easy reach of Jakarta's attractions due to its proximity to the bus and train station.

Secure entry is provided for guests of the hostel and knowledgeable staff are on hand to help with any queries or issues there may be.

There is a wide range of amenities available that make Six Degrees Backpackers Hostel stand out from the crowd! To begin with, there is a bar which you can help yourself to soft drinks and "Bintang" - Indonesia's national lager - and pay later (very trustworthy of them)! Next, for those that want to get back to their home comforts there is a mini cinema, games consoles and a pool table amongst others. The hostel also boasts a small kitchen and gym for guests to use as well as a laundry service. There is also a hammock on the 3rd floor (see photos) which is fun to relax in (can hold 17 stone, i'm living proof). A rooftop garden dominates the very top floor, allowing the opportunity to sunbathe and relax on the bamboo furniture. This also provides amazing views of the city (particularly in the daytime)!

Wifi is available throughout the building, plus the option to borrow the hostels laptop for booking flights and a skype session with friends.

We stayed in a private room with air con. Storage space in the form of shelving was available, the air con unit was attached to the ceiling, blowing the air overhead, avoiding a chill! The bed was spacious and very comfortable.

The bathrooms were kept in immaculate condition by the staff. All had western style toilets with the shower situated over. Although I had no issue with the mandi's in less touristy areas of Java, it was nice to have the western toilets and, an added bonus, a single spacious shower room lives on the 2nd floor (if I remember correctly).

This is a very impressive hotel for a reasonable price. The amenities on offer are second to none. Definetely worth a visit.

To top it off, in March 2012 the hostel had it's own kitten! He was a cute little bugger.
Love the hammock...
Doubly loves a hammock....

Check Six Degrees Backpackers Hostel Rates and Deals