Sitting during meals in Korea

Seoul, South Korea

Sitting during meals in Korea Seoul Reviews

seahlk seahlk
Dec 24, 2005
When having meals in a Korean restaurant, most tend to have cushions for you to sit on. Of course, if you prefer to sit on chairs, they do provide chairs, but as Koreans prefer to sit everywhere, I always like to sit on the floor when having meals.

The only problem is that, due to lack of practise, the legs always get numb at the end of the meal. So what I do is before I am about to stand up, I stretch my legs a little. Due to lack of space, sometimes, you can only wriggle your toes. This will ensure better blood flow after sitting down for too long. of course, the above is only applicable if you sit on your legs.

Of course, you can sit on your bum with your legs folded by your sides, or you can just sit cross legged.

Dont let the numbness of sitting down at a korean desk stop you from sitting down when having meals. No known side effects, except that you become closer to your tour-mates as you fight for spaces to stretch your legs. Also, the food looks nicer and warmer when I sit on the floor. Dont know why, though.

Check Seoul Hotel Deals