Sir Tobys Hostel Prague

Sir Tobys Hostel Prague Rates and Deals

Sir Tobys Hostel Prague Reviews

dearjohn dearjohn
One of the best hostels I've ever been in Mar 26, 2012
Great hostel: comfortable dorm beds, clean bathrooms, laundry, free internet and wifi, nice kitchen, close proximity to a supermarket, and a great breakfast. The staff is extremely helpful and offers a good walking tour.

However the biggest plus is the bar/courtyard area. This is not a party hostel, but the setup of the courtyard makes for an intimate setting where it's VERY easy to meet other travellers, even if you're traveling solo. I had a lot of great conversations, and the good, cheap beer didn't hurt either. At night, people go out on the town or continue down in the cellar bar.

The only knock would be the location, (which is outside of the city center) but the tram system is very easy to use. Just be sure to learn the night routes if you plan on going out, because the regular routes shut down at night. It is possible to walk, however.

I would definitely go back if I find myself in Prague again.
buvala says:
Great review! Thanks!
Posted on: Nov 24, 2010
bashmentbabe says:
congrats on your feature and thanks for the helpful review
Posted on: Aug 10, 2010
montecarlostar says:
Congrats on your feature!
Posted on: Aug 10, 2010
hannahplusone hannahpl…
A Great Place to Stay! Apr 06, 2011
Sir Toby's was an excellent hotel to stay in for the three nights I was in Prague. Though not in the city, Sir Toby's is easily accessible by tram - on either side! One way will take you into Nove Mesto, or the New town, or the other will take you along to Mala Strana and the castle.

The rooms were clean and the bathroom usable - which curbed my fear of horrible showers. Though quite small, the weather was really and there was a great terrace to sit outside and relax! The pub has a great underground feel about it, which relatively cheap beer (I found everything in Prague relatively cheap!). There was about a thousand mini markets around the corner, which became my salvation - a great place to get food if you are on a seriously tight budget! The maps that they provide for you are fantastic, and there are always little discount cards lying around the desk so make sure to pick one up.The staff were really friendly, and helped me to get my bearings. You can also buy passes for the metro/trams/buses there as well, and even 'rent' one out if you wish!

Overall I really enjoyed my stay at Sir Toby's, but I did get the feel that if you are a solo traveller then there's not much chance of meeting anyone new or making friends.

Definitely a recommendation to anyone who wants to see the real Prague when they come and visit this beautiful city!
benderino benderino
Character, Cozy, & Comfortable! (I traveled in APRIL) Apr 18, 2010
Sir Toby's Hostel (not Sir Tobys):

NOTE: This is a hostel, NOT a hotel! The average price being listed is NOT $50, and the 3-star rating doesn't apply because it's NOT a hotel!! Now, read on :)

The all-you-can-eat brekkie they offer is the best deal! You can make your own eggs and pancakes and it's a big spread with all kinds of healthy stuff too. They also have a large well-equipped kitchen with everything you need.

They have a cellar pub downstairs where you can get hot food, snacks, booze, and of course big mugs of beer. I didn't even bother going out one night because I was having fun in the pub. And it's a hostel so it was hostel prices. They have a garden with furniture so you can hang out (and smoke) outside.

I only had only 2 problems: I stayed in one of the larger dorms and at 10am Saturday morning there was no hot water left for showers. I might have asked to try a different shower in another hall, but I didn't. I tried at 8:30pm that night & the showers were hot again. The other thing were the reading lamps. They're not the right kind for a dorm room. One person's reading light actually lights up half the room. They need the kind that only shines light straight under it.

Some people rate it lower for the location, but really, the location is great. It's a short walk to the very large and amazing Prague Markets and river. And they've got everything around there (just like they say in the description). And only 2 tram stops to the metro station, or just take it all the way. You can get from the hostel to the center in 15 minutes with tram/metro.

Can you tell I liked it? I've stayed at plenty of hostels and Sir Toby's is amazing for the price - totally opposite the stereotype of the cramped, dirty hostel. Great staff too (24-hr reception) with great maps and they can show you where everything is. They've got all the amenities of a little hotel. The sheets were included, but towels for rent. I always bring my own towel anyway. They have computers for rent and FREE Wi-Fi. To get a complete description, go to their website or to a hostel booking site. One last thing: My bunk was very comfortable and the pillow too. Which I really appreciated after touring all day and partying all night.
buvala says:
Awesome review! Excited to stay there
Posted on: Nov 24, 2010
Vasilis_ Vasilis_
Great Hostel! Oct 27, 2010
I was there for 5 nights and i would definately go again! Very kind and helpful staff and it is a great place to meet people beacause of the cool and cheap bar! Very nice and clean rooms and big kitchen if you wanna be a cook!
CFD CFD
Aug 06, 2007
I cant say it better than the girl that wrote the review about this place.

They provide you with a great map when you arrive. They have safes for passports and other small valuables, they do have lockers under the bed and a pub downstairs which serves as a place to eat breakfast in the morning. (all you can eat buffet)

To get there: Take the Red Metro or any Tram to Vltavska. Then you can walk or just take the Tram two stops to Delnicka. Then walk to Delnicka 24.
Isoinspira Isoinspi…
Feb 01, 2007
Some may think that it is best to be in the center of Praha. Others, like myself, found that being on the outskirts meant actually mingling with the locals instead of watching out for the mass tourist exodus. Sir Toby's is in the midst of older artistic buildings. It is close to the trams that whisk you straight to the center of the city, and it is even close enough to walk (if you like long walks!). The building itself is a gorgeous building whose design reminds me of an Old Victorian home. It is filled with gorgeous wood, and the planks creak as you walk upon them. There are many nooks and crannies perfect for journaling, reading, having a cup o joe, hot chocolate, or discussing life with those youmeet. There is a full kitchen filled with cooks who MAY, if you ask kindly, invite you to sample their meals:)

Sir Toby's provides an exceptional map filled with the locations of the historical sites as well as the locations of the BEST local restaurants, dessert shops, and pubs. My sister and I loved one of the places so much, that we became regulars! During our European trip, we would usually only eat the free breakfasts and another meal as a result of our lack in funds, so for us to eat such incredible food at such a cheap price was HEAVEN. Free internet + the introduction to GOMIO.com was another plus! The staff was extremely helpful... to the point where they actually walked with us to a tram stop! Amazing people! Prague is a must for the artistic soul!
one of the 17 bridges you'll encou…
Vagabondatheart says:
I'm staying at Sir Toby's tomorrow. Looking forward to it after your review. Thanks!
Posted on: Jul 04, 2007

• Excursions
  • Garden
  • Desk
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower