Sir Plantin Hotel Antwerp

Sir Plantin Hotel Antwerp Rates and Deals

Sir Plantin Hotel Antwerp Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A nice and fair priced hotel in Antwerp Dec 17, 2010
Sir Plantin is a brand new hotel in the outer parts of Antwerp city centre and still yet in walking distance to the known and wonderful Old City Centre which always is well worth a visit. The hotel is also located near the fashionable and trendy “art nouveau” district of Zurenborg; but the hotel is actually located in the area called Borgerhout on the main road in to the city centre of Antwerp.

The hotel is quite easy to reach in car coming from either Brussels or from Holland either Breda or Eindhoven; it will take you less than 2 minutes to reach it from the Antwerp city ring. When you arrive at the hotel there are parking possibilities at the basement of the hotel but they can’t handle cars which are higher than 1,70 meter in their garage. If the garage is too low or full there are also possible to park the car on the street in front of the hotel; I managed to do that.

The hotel is a so called design hotel and I truly found it nice with some good use of colours, lighting and furniture. I heard from my friend that the hotel had opened less than 3 weeks earlier than my arrival; last time I was in Antwerp it looked like a building site so I was amazed that they were that far so soon. I didn’t book a room there in advance because I was not sure how long my drive would take from Copenhagen due to the snow that hit Northern Germany and Scandinavia the day I was driving.

Surprisingly I was in Antwerp already at 6 pm and I parked outside and crossed my fingers. The hotel had a nice lightshow that lit up the building in different colours and made the otherwise white hotel look a bit more attractive. When I entered the lobby area I was quite pleased with what I saw. The reception was straight ahead with a huge bar just behind it. To the sides there were some nice relaxing sofa areas decorated in nice warm colours with nice Photostats of women dressed up in clothes from the Middle Ages. There were flowers on the tables and it was pretty nicely made.

To one side they had the restaurant area which were in two separate rooms; one large one where you had to pay 15 euro for a large morning buffet and a small area with a large table and a coffee machine where they served a fast grab breakfast with a coffee and a croissant.

I managed to get a double room and for a very fair price; it cost me only 79 euro for a night which I found fair and especially after I entered my room 107 on the first floor. The hall outside the hotel was really dark but my room was nice and in soft green colours. They beds were separate but so heavy that they didn’t move apart when I was sleeping. Behind the bed there was a large Photostat in green that made the room.

There was air condition which worked great as a heater in the room, minibar, safe a small desk flat screen on the wall with a nice range of channels. The bathroom was in an okay size all in black and it looked quite nice. The only flaw was the shower curtain which came down when I tried to dry a towel on it.

I was a truly nice place – and I will for sure stay there again.
The main entrance
Taking the elevator to the first f…
The hall in front of my room
The bed area
Chokk says:
Wow - you are fast :D
Posted on: Dec 20, 2010
Glynnes says:
Thanks for the review and photos.
Posted on: Dec 20, 2010

Sir Plantin Hotel Antwerp Overview

The Sir Plantin Hotel Antwerp is situated within the central area of the city, providing easy guest access to many attractions. The diamond district is just a short walk away from the hotel. For guests wishing to enjoy the historic attractions, the old town area is accessible by foot or by public transportation options. The Sir Plantin Hotel Antwerp is conveniently located within a short walk of the tram station. In addition, many area attractions are within minutes of the accommodation. The hotel provides two on-site parking facilities.

The twenty two guestrooms at the Sir Plantin Hotel Antwerp include many amenities, such as air-conditioning, satellite television, minibars, alarm clock radios, coffeemakers, refrigerators, soundproof windows, Internet access, irons and ironing boards, and private bathrooms with hairdryers and bathrobes.

Guests will find an array of amenities available at the Sir Plantin Hotel Antwerp, which was refurbished in 1999. The hotel services include a multilingual staff, a bar, and a restaurant, along with a lobby lounge area. The hotel includes a modern style and was originally established in 1975.

Sir Plantin Hotel Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Audio/Visual Equipment
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower