Singosari Temple

Malang, Indonesia

Singosari Temple Malang Reviews

yuness yuness
"A valuable inspiration for every visitor to this temple" May 17, 2013
The weather in Malang Town a little bit cloudy but can’t stop for me to visit Singosari Temple. Here I’m waiting my friend who is living in this town. Whilst waiting for him I took breakfast at my hotel, which I’m at staying at for a couple of nights it is called the Hotel Helios. After 30 minutes, he comes and I greet him with lots of chat because I not seen him since a long time, maybe 6 years ago, when I moved back to Jakarta, we worked the same company in Bali.I read a travel guide book we went there by bus to Singosari Village and I paid for the bus IDR 5.000/ person.

After we arrived in Singosari Village , From the main road we just walked around 500 meter to the temple. Singosari Village in Malang city is good air and cool. Here at Singosari is steeped in a history of a kingdom establishment many thousand years old, which now tourists can see the evidence of Singosari Royalty.

In the past, the Kingdom Singosari occupies a cool area in Malang district, East Java. thus far, evidence of the magnitude of this kingdom is spread in the same region. Some of them are princess Ken Dedes Baths, Sumber AwanTemple , Arca Dwarapala and Singosari Temple.

Entering the Singosari Temple, which is free to locals and tourists. All around the temple there is a garden complete with ornamental plants and neatly manicured. Presence of the king palm trees add to the exquisite temple.

In front of the temple entrance, a line of many statues are arranged in various shapes and sizes. Each of these statues were given a code number so that visitors can learn more about the reasonings of the names of the statues.

Of all the temples in the region, Singosari is the only one that still seems intact, as has been repeatedly restored. The temple was built to commemorate King Ken Arok as the founder and first king of the Kingdom Singhasari or Singosari.

Singosari Kingdom name is a distant memory and history. However, the spirit of the area still emits a valuable inspiration for every visitor to this temple. Singosari is one proof, there is an ancient civilization that became the forerunner of today's society life.

Singosari like to give evidence, the kingdom remained stable throughout its period in time.
yuness says:
@ Nana and Hasan...Yes it was, I'd recommend a visit here :)
Posted on: Jul 27, 2014
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review!! :D
Posted on: Jul 23, 2014