Singing sand dunes

Doha, Qatar

Singing sand dunes Doha Reviews

bananaananas bananaan…
Booming dunes Mar 06, 2010
This is supposed to be one of about 30 places worldwide where on can explore this phenomenon.

You must make the sand sing yourself by making the sand move, most people probably do it by sliding down.

The sound developed apparently is like an E, F or G tone coming from a musical instrument.

The circumstances must be right. So basically there needs to be a layer of loose sand over a harder layer. Me theory at least is that you don't need any wind!

We were able to make it sing/boom and I am glad I had the chance. Wish I had a board to slide down though :)

Advice everyone to get some more info on this and probably it's best to do it during the cooler months when the sand isn't as hot.

All you will need is a car to get you there, preferably a jeep (or otherwise walk a short distance in the dessert) and some water as there is nothing there. It's about 40 km southwest of Doha.

I listed this in Doha things to do even though it is outside of Doha. I did this as otherwise it would not appear in Qatar things to. But I guess one would make this trip from Doha.

Check Doha Hotel Deals