Singapore Zoological Gardens

80 Mandai Lake Road, Singapore, Singapore

Singapore Zoological Gardens Reviews

walmer walmer
really nice experience Jul 20, 2014
On sunday we decided to go to singapore zoo. you can either get a taxi there moderately expensive or get the mrt to the ang mo kio station and then the bus which is singposted singapore zoo. we choose the later and it took about an hour to get there from the center of singapore.

at the entrance to the zoo there are a number of resturants and free wifi which was helpful. there was a long wait to buy tickets you could book them in advance which we should have done.

once inside you realise how big it is, there were hardly any cages which was good most of the animals were in enclosures which you could look down in or in the case of the monkeys they travel over you.

be prepared for the heat and drink plenty of water it really gets to you after a while and we were fading towards the end of are 3 hour trip there but i really recommend it as a place to visit when in singapore.
travelmona travelmo…
A organised walk in nature May 23, 2011
This is one of the most highly recommended visitor stop that you can find on any travel guide to Singapore. And I believe guide books have indicated quite clearly the reasons for visiting.

Here's what I personally like this place instead.

As we are all aware that singapore is an urban and small city. It is therefore quite interesting to see how much thoughts and details went into making this small zoo (not exactly small by local standard) host a handsome variety of faunas/flora in a lovely, organised environment.

A trip to zoo is to showcase the animals - animals living in the most natural way that nature has to offer. At least there must be clues that the animals are nicely treated, at least seem happy, and give sufficient space to roam about given the confines on a zoo. I think this zoo has all these factors. It's always pleasurable to visit since you get the feeling that it's a genuinely nice place to be.

I also like this zoo because it is never boring. There's many activities to keep visitors engaged. It's great to visit as a small group and individuals. It's a great hangout for kids especially.

Given it's accessibility, it has not difficult to get there.

A typically visitor should spend at least 1 full day there.

These are the things I would pack in my bag when I visit:

- water bottle (you can easily get free chilled water dispenser in the zoo)

- sunglasses/unbrella/sun shade - you want to protect yourself from the sun rays when you spend an entire day out in the open

- sun block lotion - you want to get some nice natural tan, but sun burn (for those with sensitive skin)

- mosquito spray - even though this is a clean and well kept environment, you can expect some flies here and there...

- disposable tissue paper

- camera/video camrecorder - you have to bring your CAMERA. this is a picture worthy place!
leedeeya leedeeya
Fun With Animals May 31, 2011
Probably one of my favorite places to visit in Singapore. The zoo has many many activities to offer like kangaroo feeding, the elephant show and the penguin show. With a myriad of animals and very well-maintained park. the zoo possesses very high standards in ensuring that anyone who visits has a good time. The only note I can add is the expected pricey kiosks and gift shop. I'll let this past considering the high cost the zoo incurs in maintaining the zoo and the animals.
stefan88 stefan88
Real jungle experience Sep 17, 2010
For me the Singapore zoo is a MUST when visiting Sinagpore.

Getting to the zoo is very easy by using public transportation, I just took the MRT to Ang Mo Kio and switched to the bus afterwards.

The zoo itself is very fascinating and being situated at the border of a nature reserve, you sometimes feel like not being in a zoo at all but more like being in the jungle.

I recommend to have a look at the feeding times of the animals and the animal shows (the elephant show is very cool) to plan your itinerary.

The white tigers are of course one of the highlights, but also don't miss the houses where parrots, monkeys and other animals can move freely next to the visitors.

For those who want to save costs and want to see some animals that normally sleep during the day buy the zoo and night safari ticket together to get some special discount.
coffeefairy says:
Yeah, I agree it's a must see when visiting Singapore. It's the best zoo in the world which I've seen so far. :)
Posted on: Jun 21, 2011
chaoticdrifter says:
i was just here recently. i am obsessed with the leopard cat!
Posted on: Jun 18, 2011
petitefleur petitefl…
Jun 15, 2007
I have been a fan of our zoo since I was a teeny weeny kid.. Well, maybe I'm still a kid at heart, but I enjoy revisiting the zoo each year, and seeing how the animals that I've known as a kid grow.. :) The polar seems to be getting larger each year, Ah-Meng the orang-utan's aging but she's not losing her fun touch, and the kingdom of baboons seem to be multiplying at a rapid rate!

Well, the Singapore Zoological Gardens is one of the best zoos in the world. It is located in the far north of Singapore, but Singapore's really a tiny dot, so it takes about 20 minutes on the taxi from Orchard Road, and 50 mins by train and a bus transit.

The zoo's really a good place to visit, because besides the wide array of animals such as the white tigers, the polar bears, the orang-utans, the baboons etc., it is also a great garden with spice gardens, tropical flowers, and even vegetation. It is indeed a good place to explore and educate. Not only kids benefit, well I learn something new each time too :)

In the Singapore zoo, there are many animal shows, and my favorite's the Elephant show. I am amazed at the huge stumpy animal's intellect, and how fun it can be as it sprays water at its audiences, and teases fellow elephants with its cute antics. The sea animal show is also really interesting, with lively seals amusing the audience. There is a little trail in the zoo that intrigues some, and challenges the weak at heart as bats fly above you.

To combat the warm weather,there are many air-conditioned pit stops and friendly restaurants in the zoo. For those who dislike walking, the tram service is very friendly, and there are speakers on board who explains each stop with much enthusiasm and knowledge.

If you have to choose a must-see attraction, do not forget the zoo. Oh yeah, for true animal lovers, you get a special discount for buying both the zoo and night safari ticket together. Enjoy!
Look who's staring!
Kingdom of Tumored Butts
The Friendliest Members of The Zoo!
One of these beautie's named Winni…
Chelsea says:
Agreed, the Singapore zoo is fantastic! I love how they use natural barriers to keep animals inside inclosures
Posted on: Jun 26, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Singapore Zoological Gardens

Singapore Zoological Gardens - why the Zoo is sooo popular ",)
We were in Singapore Zoo and Night Safari last August and they will alway be good memories for me. My friends and I were talking about how the zoo, big as it is, was being run. That question, my fri… We were in Singapore Zoo and Night Safari last August and they will alway be good memories for me…
Singapore Zoological Gardens - why the Zoo is sooo popular ",)
of course, we have to go back at day time to visit the zoological garden - which is 28 hectares big. The zoo has an open concept and houses 315 different species - wOw! We paid 21.50 Singapore dolla…zoological garden - which is 28 hectares big. The zoo has an open concept and houses 315 different species - wOw! We paid 21.50 Singapore

Check Singapore Hotel Deals