Singapore Flyer

30 Raffles Avenue

Singapore Flyer Reviews

tjwood tjwood
One of the best viewing platform of the City! Mar 16, 2012
This was the first touristy thing I went and did in Singapore. I used the subway to get to the area and walked the Olympic park area to get to the flyer.

Thankfully there where no long lines. I shared the cabin with one other person. His wife would not come up ni the flyer do to fear. Oh welll. Chatted with him while both of us took photos. Help each other by taking the obligitory photo. You are presented with some very nice photo ops as long as the weather cooperates.

Spends a few minutes looking through their exhibit and the gift shop.

From here I went to the Merlion statue spouting water. Lots of otehr tourists here.
Inside the flyer
View of the area
Good view of the Olympic park
Kurisu Kurisu
Nice view of SG skyline from up there! :) May 29, 2011
The Singapore Flyer is a big ferris wheel located in... Singapore! (Well...Duh! hehe)

I guess it's the tallest one in the world right now.

It's located in Marina Bay area. If you're strolling around from Esplanade to Double Helix bridge (towards Marina Bay Sands), just keep on walking, it's not that far away from there.

You get a quite nice view of SG skyline and Marina Bay Sands.

If I remember right, one round takes about 40 minutes or so. Moves quite slowly ;)

Ticket price being about 30 SGD for an adult, it's not exactly a bargain, but since it's a quite unique experience I still recommend going on a ride.
Capsule @ Singapore Flyer
View from Singapore Flyer
Capsule @ Singapore Flyer
View from Singapore Flyer
j9_36 j9_36
Affordable yet great ride at Singapore Flyer May 30, 2011
Availed of a much lesser price for the singapore flyer and the rivercruise. Paid for $50 only, ducktours kiosk is located at Suntec City, they have a free bus ride to Singapore flyer. The experience is a milestone for me since I have fear of heights and I was travelling alone that time. I opted to be with 2 families from India in the capsule. We were there in the afternoon so its not that crowded. The view at the top is spectacular for me esp the CBD and Harbour area. When you are up there, you wont feel that you are going up because the capsule moves every 2 seconds and the whole duration is 37 minutes. Its a very relaxing experience and I will surely go back :) I just feel im on a hotel room while riding it :)
stefan88 stefan88
Perfect view on Singapore skyline Sep 16, 2010
As nearly everything in Singapore, the Singapore Flyer can be easyly reached using the MRT and walking a few steps.

Althought the ride is not too cheap, it is worth every dollar.

I visited it on a sunny week day, so there was almost no waiting time and the view when the wheel reaches the top is just overwhelming.

After entering the building you first have to go through a security check (including metal detector, feels like at the airport ;)) and you're offered a map and an audio player that explains what can be seen while making the ~30min tour.

Unfortunately, the batteries of my player have been empty just a few minutes after starting the journey, but that was just bad luck and the map was enough for me.

Nevertheless, the view on Marina Bay, the Formula 1 court, the Esplanade, Merlion and the skyline of Singapore is just amazing and can maybe only be topped by the view from Marina Bay Sands.

I highly recommend this for taking some nice pictures of Singapore.
sunshine_love sunshine…
Singapore Flyer (World's Largest Ferris...I mean Jul 27, 2008
The Singapore Flyer isn't cheap, but it certainly is a unique experience. Upon entering, it almost feels like an airport because you have to go through a metal detector & the whole security bit. I was surprised how large the capsules are! We got the whole thing to ourselves since we went at night and there were only a few other groups.

The wheel does one full rotation very slowly, so it barely feels like it's moving. Should be fine for those a bit motion-queasy or scared of heights. Offers a great view of the city, looks great lit up at night, although the views from some of the taller buildings offer comparable views for free. Still, this is a great excuse to try something new, and much more fun than merely taking an elevator up a building.

It would be interesting to ride during the day as well, but I'd recommended going on a weekday or any time apt to have less people if you'd prefer having a private capsule. Otherwise, it's an especially nice way to end a night on the town!

Standard Ticket Rates:

Adult: $29.50 Child: $20.65 (3-12) Senior: $23.60 (60 & up)

Sights viewable from the top include Collyer Quay, Raffles Place, The Fullerton Square, Esplanade (theater shaped like a jackfruit, or durian), Merlion Park, Empress Place, Singapore River, Padang, For Canning Park, and the Floating Stadium. (The stadium really does look like it floats at night, since it's the only thing lit up in that area.)
View from across the street...had …
View from inside the capsule at th…
View from near the top.
Another capsule overlooking the ci…
Singapore Flyer Map