Singapore Airlines

Singapore, Singapore

Singapore Airlines Reviews

krysleigh krysleigh
Nov 16, 2007
I'm flying first class from San Francisco to Singapore to Hong Kong to Male right after Thanksgiving. I was thrilled when I found out Singapore Air had this great Book the Cook service. On their website, you can see the gourmet menus on each leg of their flight. I had it all planned out what I wanted en route to each city and called to put in my request. Dishes like

lobster Thermidor with buttered asparagus, red capsicum, baby yellow squash, and mashed potatoes, and Nigiri Sushi were on tap, so you can imagine my surprise when I called to place my order and the meal was the same. FOR EACH LEG OF THE TRIP. Not only that, but it was very basic dishes not the extravagant plates and accoutrements the website had promised. So I'm stuck eating chicken and rice on six different legs. Sweet.

Not only that, but both times I've phoned about my reservation, the people have been extremely rude. I called from my magazine office, and they complain they can't hear me. Then get a better phone line - not my problem. Not only that, but I've been dealing with the New York office and the representatives' English has hardly been adequate and they have not been able to take care of my requests. I get that it's a foreign airline, but at least have native English speakers handling your U.S. offices.

And I was SO excited to fly Singapore Air after the launch of the superpower Airbus last month, but so far my experience with them has been sub-par. I'll update this review after I return from my journey, but for now it's not looking good...

UPDATE, 1/22/08 (for those who care): It was a HORRIBLE experience. Well, most of it. The actual seats were quite comfy, but the overall customer service was a disgrace. Read more here: http://camelsandchocolate.blogspot.com/2007/12/singapore-slinger.html
almacorona says:
How was it? Did it improve?
Posted on: Dec 10, 2007
korrahh says:
Yeah, I remember them refusing me alcholic drinks, a first for me! I was 16 and leaving home I sure needed a drink. Malaysia air is a lot better service wise.
Posted on: Nov 16, 2007
larissa7 larissa7
Singapore Airlines May 10, 2003
Passengers are solely responsible for ensuring that they hold all valid travel documents (passports, visas, etc.) and comply with the entry, exit, transit or other requirements of the countries they are travelling to. Passengers may be refused entry into a country if they do not have the required or valid travel documents. Singapore Airlines and our check-in agents will not be liable in any way for any consequences arising out of your not having the required or valid travel documents. To find out important travel information or regulations applicable, indicate your origin of travel and destination. NOTE: Some countries require the passenger cabin of an aircraft to be treated with insecticides prior to any flight entering those countries. Please visit the U.S. Department of Transportation's website for further information and a list of countries that require disinsection: http://ostpxweb.dot.gov/policy/safetyenergyenv/disinsection.htm

Related Travel Blogs About Singapore Airlines

The Horror, the Horror II
If it were funny, it might pass as a Comedy of Errors. As it stood, it was more tragedy than farce. From the start - the delays in booking, the trouble amassing the great pile of documents the Ozzies…Singapore Airlines - and that I should go to International Departures to the Singapore desk and ask them for a boarding…
Unattended stopover!
We missed the first of our 4 home flights in Apia Samoa! All the TravBuddies will laugh:our flight in Apia  was at 1245 am,we went to the Airport at 1000:our flight was gone si…Singapore Airlines flights!! I go to Air New Zealand office in Apia Samoa and buy 2 tickets to Auckland…
Time for another holiday
It was time we had another break from travelling! We'd built in Bali as another holiday, although in reality we still felt pretty relaxed after getting India largely out of our system during our firs…Singapore Airlines. I'd heard great things about Singapore airlines, but it seemed pretty ordinary to me. Singapore

Check Singapore Hotel Deals