Simply Thai

Xintiandi, Shanghai, China

Simply Thai Shanghai Reviews

ahintofvanilla ahintofv…
If you ever crave for good Thai food in Shanghai, go to Simply Thai! Jun 18, 2011
We all know that familiar feeling, we sometimes suddenly crave for our favorite food, wherever we are, or whichever country we are visiting. In our case, it was a sudden craving for really good Thai food during our last night in Shanghai. I found Simply Thai online and was so happy that they actually had a branch at Xintiandi, which is a good 10-15 minute walk from Fraser Residence, our home in Shanghai. So the plan was set that evening, to enjoy Simply Thai's food and have some drinks in a good place somewhere within Xintiandi.

After a busy day of ensuring we got to maximize everything that SH had to offer, and on our way to Simply Thai, I suddenly forgot one thing. I forgot to call and reserve a table for us. I prayed that they'd have one, as it was a Saturday night and we all know what that could mean in a happening city. Luckily, I got to talk and meet the Restaurant's Manager who said that they were indeed almost all packed for the evening but could see what he could do. Within 3 minutes, he gave us a good table, private, yet still in the center of all the action. Just lovely. So yes, that was really a good start to the experience.

Heading to the dining area upstairs where we would be seated, we saw most of their awards and accolades year after year. It gives off a vibe that you have just made the right choice even without ordering yet.

As we sat down and ordered our Thai favorites, we noticed how warm the whole ambience of the resto was. Everyone was just happy to be there, enjoying their food, conversations, drinks. It was a good place to be. And once we got to taste their food, we finally understood why. It was all about the food. There was quality and authenticity written all over it, or let me put it in another way, in every bite perhaps? ;)

I personally loved the chicken satay, spicy red beef curry, and my Tom Yum soup, which had the right blend of being spicy and sour. Just the way I liked it. Their Thai Milk Tea was also yummy. If you're a big milk tea fan, don't miss it.

Over-all we were happy with their delicious authentic cuisine, warm ambience, and their prompt/attentive service. Let's just say that we thought it was the right place to spend our last dinner in Shanghai.
Last night in Shanghai, lovely din…
Want some Thai food?
Having a good time at Simply Thai!

Check Shanghai Hotel Deals