Simonstown Boutique Backpackers

Check Simon's Town Hotel Deals

Simonstown Boutique Backpackers Simon's Town Reviews

Stigen Stigen
Not very boutique Mar 06, 2012
This was a very unimpressive hostel to stay at, but unfortunately the only option for budget travel in Simonstown.

The reception area is very dreary and grey. Absolutely no personality or charm , same as the people working there.

The receptionist didn`t even try to provide any information or pretend like he cared.

There is no communal area, no sofa or living room. there are only a couple of bar stools along the reception counter, but if you sit there the guy leaves no doubt that he finds your presence annoying. what a hostel!

There is a simple kitchen as well.

we got a 2-person dorm simply because it was cheaper then the double room. The room was very small,simple and depressing.

There was a highly unstable bunk bed there. I did not dare to sleep on top as I tend to turn when I`m asleep, so was afraid it would fall apart. Most annoyingly there is no fan, and no chance of opening a window. there is a glass door, but we couldn`t keep that open as people could walk right into the room then.

There was bugs on the floor in the room.

The bathroom was far away from the room, and shared amongst a lot of other rooms.

When we came home at 10 pm. the whole reception and "communal" area was dark and dead. very weird hostel.

The day after I was using the wifi service that we had PAID to use when the receptionist said that he would change the code now so that I couldn`t use the internet anymore!

I think it is riddiculous to force me to pay for the code when I am staying there, but completely moronic to change the code to try to make me pay it again.

Don`t stay there if you can avoid it.
mating penguins