Similian Island

Phuket, Thailand

Similian Island Phuket Reviews

thebeatmix thebeatm…
Scuba liveaboard with Similian Diving Safaris - MV Dolphin Queen Oct 30, 2011
So where to start! Im 27, male, from California and was backpacking solo. I came across Similian Diving Safari's on the internet and there are really only a few liveaboards that get approval to dive the Similians before the season opens officially on November 1st. First off, the boat and accomodations were actually better than expected knowing I was going to share a room with 3 other people. I actually ended up sleeping on the sun deck outside with a few other people as the weather was amazing! I am also one of the pickiest eaters and food was NEVER an issue, the meals where superb and the 3 woman who cook did an absolutely amazing job feeding everyone. I went on SDS 03 and we had 19 other people on the boat, and it never really seemed crowded at all. The best part of this trip was at almost every dive site we were the only ones there, granted we were able to dive before most. Joe the owner brought his family on the boat also since his daughters were on holiday from school, and having him there made the trip so much better since he knows these islands and dive sites like the back of his hand, and his daughters were such sweethearts. He also took us to Fantasy Reef which has been closed for 7 years. Joe and Captain Bird seem do have a lot of connections with the park and rangers and you can tell are highly regarding by the local community. My diving experience was also very limited (5-6 dives prior to this) and I had completed my PADI OW & Enriched Air course 1month before this trip, and took the Advanced OW while on the boat. Tim Rendell was my instructor and by the end of the trip I felt 1000% more confident in my diving abilities. The crew from SDS are funny, wittty, down to earth, and patient. I really cant put into words the awesome time I had, and the new friendships i made. The only complaint I would have, which wasnt a huge deal was to have more 15Liter Tanks on board. If you know you need a 15+L tank please let them know ahead of time, as there is only so much extra equipment they can keep on the boat. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this excursion to anyone!!!! And I hope to make it out next season with Joe and the crew when they head to Burma. If anyone has any questions please DO NOT hesitate to reach out! Also its best to book directly with them (Nute is the office manager and very helpful) and you will get the best price!
sportman sportman
A day trip to one of the most beatiful beaches in the world, Similian Island Aug 17, 2011
day snorkeling trip to the Similan Islands. It was a long day that started at 6:15am and did not end until 7:00pm, but the snorkeling was worth every minute. The water was crystal clear, allowing us to see turtles and all kinds of fish and coral. The beaches were also very nice, powder like sand. However, we did leave the trip a wee bit scared due to the fact that for both the (1 1/2) hr boat trips we had to sit across from a lady boy. When we weren't snorkeling the curious side got the better of us and the rest of the boat - no adams apple - ok!, but what is that thing

Similian Island No.4she/he is wearing underneath the bikni bottoms and what's with the lack of hips! Oh, but what sealed the deal was on the way back she/he insisted on (or not being able to feel due to the plastic makeup of it) showing us her left breast for a good 30 minutes. Oh - the nibble was tiny- manlike, and Isabel's keen eye noticed that the nibble after surgery hadn't been centered. Wow - these are the things we do to amuse ourselves - I guess it beats month end and audits!
One of the many beautiful bays on …
littlemissadventure says:
Hi! I'm planning to go here for a few days around 12 April... I can't dive, but fancy some snorkelling.. gonna try out the link recommended by BeatMix. Can anyone recommend any other companies? :-)
Posted on: Mar 28, 2012
lostphotographer says:
i am also going SOLO on the 27th,and diving would be my main interest. do you rekon is better to book just the first 2nights somewhere and then move from there??
cost wise?? per divings i mean
Posted on: Nov 21, 2011