Simba Sea Trips Co; Ltd

081 787 7702

Simba Sea Trips Co; Ltd Phuket Reviews

bekkanewman bekkanew…
Expensive, but 100% worth it!!!! Apr 18, 2015
Simba Sea Trips was literally amazing!! It's run by an Australia family who have emigrated to Thailand. The family have a lovely team of Thai staff who have excellent knowledge on Thailand, it's history and the destinations you travel too. There are 4 different tours you can do with them. We decided to do two boat tours, whilst they are expensive they are 100000% worth the money! They have a few boats, I think they are all the same.

Our first tour was 'Phi Phi sunrise'

We had a taxi pick us up from the hotel and drop us off about 45 minutes away to a boat port where we were greeted by Sebastian, he is the son of the owners. He offered us drinks and introduced us all to each other, there's only 7-9 people allowed on a boat trip as they want to make it as personal as possible! We met very early, but we wanted to see the sunrise, there is a later option. The boat journey was around an hour to reach phi phi islands, but the views of them from far away was fantastic! We were the first to arrive at Maya Bay, Sebastian told us all to go swimming or explore whilst he made breakfast. For breakfast we had his mums home made banana cake, fresh fruit and wraps, it was delicious!

After Maya Bay they took us to Phileh Lagoon, this was my favourite location on Phi Phi. It is a spectacular emerald green lagoon surrounded by high limestone cliffs on 3 sides, one of the worlds most gorgeous natural swimming pools. The water is so salty it's almost thick. It really is so breathtaking!

We then went to viking cave to snorkel but it was to unsafe.. something to do with the sea... so we stopped the boat nearby for snorkeling. I saw parrot-fish, clown fish, water snakes, jelly fish, and hundreds of beautiful reef fish.

We were supposed to stop off at monkey beach but a monsoon was directly over the island so we headed up to mosquito island instead. We did stop off at an island cliff to feed the monkeys there though, but we couldn't stop on monkey beach. Seb told us to explore mosquito islands beach and swim whilst he organised lunch. The beach there looked like something out of a film, beautiful white sand, greeny clear water! Coral everywhere! amazing! I'm not a beachy person, but i freaking love it! For lunch we had a huge spread of sandwiches, crisps, fruit, cake, dips, pastas, salads, it was yummy!

We went for more swimming and enjoyed the boat ride back. What a wonderful relaxing day seeing the phi phi islands. I would 100% do this if I went back again! we got a hide back to the hotel as well.

Our second tour was Phang Nga Bay

Again we were picked up and Sebastian was leading the tour again which was nice. Our first stop off was Koh Phanak for site seeing and cave exploring. We had hard hats and a torch, we were looking out for the wild monkeys and bats while on our way into the caves. On our return, breakfast was waiting for us on the beach.

We then went to Koh Hong to explore the hidden caves via canoe, there was a Thai paddle man who did the hard work, mind you, I would have liked to paddle myself! We went through mudgroves and saw mudskippers, the thai man was crazy shouting "WALKINGGG FISHHH WALKING FISHHHH" the caves were so small we had to lie down in the canoe, I was a little unsure about this as the thai man shoved my head in his crotch to lie down - ehh!!! he also started shouting "ENGLAND V.I.P, ENGLAND NUMBER 1, THAILAND NUMBER 2!" "YOU HAVE GOOD TIME? YOU TIP ME YES, YOU TIP ME LOTSSSSS OF MONEY, YOU HAPPY, YOU TIP" It was a little annoying and funny at the same time, I would like to have learnt something, but he only spoke about me giving him a tip!! lol!!

We then went to Koh Phing Kan and Koh Tapu/James Bond Island, this was nice, but I guess it's just a rock after all!!

We also went to Treasure Island/Secret Lagoon (Hong)

which gave us a chance to swim into a Hong after jumping from the boat if you wish and to cool off amongst this spectacular scenery. It was so open I felt a little uneasy actually as there was a current, I'd rather swim in a bay or something, but there's no doubt the scenery was spectacular!! We didn't stay too long, we all got on the boat pretty quickly, maybe it was a bit too open for everyone, being dumped in the middle of very very deep open water is a no no for me!! I'm a wuss!!

Our last place was Koh Panyee, it's a little muslim village on stilts in the sea. A Thai guides will show you around, visiting the local school and behind-the-scenes in this fascinating community. We also enjoy lunch here at a sea view area, especially reserved for Simba guests. Before we arrived. Seb told everyone not to support the people with baby gibbons which was actually really nice, they basically ask for money so you can have a photo with a gibbon, but they kill the mothers, so Sebastian said he didn't want to see anybody supporting this, which I was glad about! The children also swarm you and try to rob you so we had to be careful, but they were just doing it to survive, it doesn't bother me to much. They have a floating football pitch which was used in the fifa advertisements which is pretty cool.

We then went back to the hotel with a boat and car ride.

What a big spiel about a boat trip haha!! The cost may put you off, but I am telling you, it is worth it!! I had an incredible time, and loads of awesome memories!!!
Pileh Lagoon