Silver Lakes Resort

Silver Lakes Resort Kissimmee Reviews

emmytravel emmytrav…
near Disneys Animal Kingdom May 12, 2012
May 2012

This is a timeshare resort I booked through RCI.

This resort promotes itself as added value due to their back gate exits 5 mins from Animal Kingdom and that is a plus if you are an animal kingdom fan. The pool I went to was nice, the crowds were low, this is the "off season" I was told. My resort unit was nicely appointed, and decent size, with stackable washer/dryer, the master bedroom had a pillow top on the mattress that was truly a dream. Bed was so high I had to hop up to get on it. I'm 5'2". LOL The nicely tiled showers are absolutely missing an important item for young and old - NO GRAB BAR - not to catch if slip, not to help support if shaving legs. The master bedroom does have a whirlpool tub big enough for ONE person. Seriously I've seen tubs big enough for four in other resorts (plural in that I've seen multiple with big Jacuzzi's in master bedroom) booked them also through RCI or Interval International. The resort seems to think they don't have to offer amenities many other resorts offer. No pedal boats, no mini golf and no bike rentals for one thing, no spa for ladies to have hair, nails done. Although they sell a spa escape that is a sales attempt by a beauticontrol sales person, try this, try that, but she was not high pressure sales. Again, another resort that does not offer the simplest basic pad of paper and pen or pencil that you can find a lowliest hotels. Unit towel exchange was to be EVEN exchange. We were shorted towels and left message with housekeeping about what was shorted, nothing was delivered. Refills were available on many products like shampoo, coffee, but to know it you'd have to read the hidden page in the 3 ring binder - not one staff member mentioned this to us and we had multiple units. This unit had the feel of upgrades - tile floors, furniture, etc, but all TV's were big tube TV's They did work well, but the living room one could not be seen from anywhere but the living room without moving the entire buffet the TV sat upon. Food on resort is limited to the pool cabana, an ice cream shop and a gift/grocery shop. No pizza restaurant or any other type on site, again lacking when most resorts I've been to have at least a pizza restaurant if not other restaurants on site. There are no directions in the book or on the phone on how to retrieve messages, I had to call front desk to find out how. The Westgate Resort on Old Wilson Road, up the road might not have a back gate to animal kingdom, but they are currently building and will have ziplines added to their amenities, now that will be a hoot! Also if doing the timeshare sales tour - Westgate gave me $100 cash and Silver Lakes allowed me to PURCHASE two base Disney tickets for $55.00 each. I like the cash and I got it because I arrived a day before my unit would be available, stayed at a hotel and grabbed the Westgate Tour $100 deal while waiting for my unit at Silver Lake to be available, that $100 paid my hotel cost, my dinner and left me with bucks left over. I also purchased the 2 Disney tickets from the Silver Lake tour, so I did make out OK.

Check Silver Lakes Resort Rates and Deals