Silom Village Restaurant

www.silomvillage.co.th - +66 2 235 8760

Silom Village Restaurant Bangkok Reviews

ivy ivy
Luxury in garden settingwith Thai performances Apr 16, 2012
This restaurant is a good place to start getting to know Thai food and the country. It's in a garden with ponds and trees. Shady or non shady places to sit. Chairs like you're used to in your home country. And a menu almost half as large as the Thai kitchen. Think of green, red (duck) curry and panang. Fresh (shell)fish dishes. Spicy deep-fried catfish salad and other salads. North-eastern style dips with mackerel and veggies. And a wide range of appetizers. They even make dishes you came to know while travelling in Thailand which you want to be recreated for you. We did that with Yam Som-oh (spicy pomelo salad). It's pricy, but you get a garden and Thai style performances and traditional music. It sounds a bit quirky and it is, also groups of mostly Asian tourists eat here. Again, sometimes such a restaurant still has charm. If you just by a beer and an appetizer you'll have the pleasure to see the performances. Eat afterwards from the same but smaller menu at one of the exits. And a lot cheaper! Around the garden little souvenir shops sell good quality Thai scarves, household items, gems and jewelry, Buddha and other statue for steep prices.
I don't have a good picture of my …
aelder2259 aelder22…
A ttle overpriced, but nice if you're close by Apr 06, 2009
I happened upon the restaurant at Silom Village when I was walking around and exploring the area near my hotel close to Silom Road. I later went back that evening for dinner with a friend. I wasn't expecting to be entertained, but they started playing music and soon some Thai dancers came out. I thought it was a very nice show for no additional charge.

I ate some rice and a foil packet of baked seafood that was quite tastly. I also drank several coconut juices right from the coconut.

The price was a little high compared to other places I could have eaten in Bangkok, but it was only a block from my hotel and I could walk there versus taking a tuk tuk or taxi.
mariov says:
Funny, this was the first restaurant I visited, after i arrived in Asia for the first time. We stayed at Holiday Inn Silom and needed something to eat after a 30 hour journey. It was the perfect resaturant for Asia newbies like us ;-)
Posted on: Apr 16, 2012
ivy says:
We come here every time we are in Thailand. Highly recommended is the catfish salad, yam pla duk. About the prices, they are relatively high, but you can eat same same at the take away on the corner end of Silom Village for less.
Posted on: Sep 02, 2011
kimberIy says:
thank you so much!! you've been great help! can't wait!!
Posted on: Jan 27, 2011