Silky Feet Spa

in the Arndale Centre, Manchester, United Kingdom

Silky Feet Spa Manchester Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Silky Feet Spa Jan 21, 2011
I can't go travelling much this year, so I must search for the exotic, interesting, and down right mad on my own turf. Not least because my ever beloved fiance is spending six weeks in Africa without me. Sigh. But, on the plus side, it doesn't get much more exotic or mad than the silky feet spa.

Britain is in the middle of a craze for Garra Rufa fish pedicures. Basically, you place your feet in a fish tank, and lots of small black fish nibble all the old skin off. I am told that this is quite an exclusive thing in London, happening in real spas. But in Manchester - glorious, democratic Manchester - some enterprising person has plonked some fish tanks in the middle of the shopping centre and you can queue up on the day.

It costs £10 and you need to fill in a quick health questionaire, and then you rince off your sock fluff and put your feet in the fish tank. Then you get tickled by dozens of small fish. My friends weren't feeling as ticklish as I was, but I giggled hysterically for the whole time. If you are very ticklish, and don't want to go bright red in public, this might not be the thing for you.

Having said that, the experience is generally pretty good, once you get over being tickled. Your feet certainly come out lovely and smooth. And I am told that laughter really is the best medicine.
Fishies!
Stigen says:
There is one in Maidstone as well :) Health form to put your feet in a tank...typically british...
Posted on: Apr 08, 2011
lovely_lori88 says:
I did this in Siem Reap....I could barely handle myself though lol. Def wasn't 10 quid though holy crap!!
Posted on: Feb 26, 2011