Silken Park Hotel San Jorge

Silken Park Hotel San Jorge Rates and Deals

Silken Park Hotel San Jorge Castell-Platja d'Aro Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A fabulous view Feb 23, 2008
We were 3 guys that wanted to visit the area north of Barcelona for a short golf weekend and had of cause hoped to find both good weather and a nice place to stay. After some search on the internet I decided that Silken Park Hotel San Jorge was to be the choice.

There was no doubt that we were completely out of season in our visit of the area in end of February, but it had one advantage and that was the prices were rock bottom. I had gone for something called a shore room; I had no idea what it was but I expected that we would have a view towards the sea. The rooms were at an impressive low rate of only 60 euro each.

We arrived late Friday evening because we had to finish our work before we took the plane; but we were also delayed by the fact that my friend Marc had lost his mobile in the plane and didn’t manage to retrieve it again. The hotel was also one hour drive from Barcelona airport.

We arrived and had no problems finding a parking just in front of the main entrance. The hotel looked nice behind the large white wall we had passed to get in there. From outside nothing was given away about the looks of this place and not much at the entrance too. We left our golf kits in the rental car and entered the hotel.

After passing the entrance we walked down some pretty broad stairs down to the reception area; everything was covered in marble and dimmed light. It looked very classy and stylish. The guy behind the reception greeted us with a big smile and a Spanish salute; he registered our names and gave us the keys for our 3 rooms.

The rooms were situated quite far away from the reception and we took the elevator down a couple of floors; so the hotel was not flat as we had anticipated from outside , it was build on the cliffs going down to the water. We finally got down to the room and we all entered our rooms almost at the same time.

When I entered my room I was pleasantly surprised; the room was huge and there were some stars leading down to the main area. I had a spacious bathroom to my right and it had a really nice large size and everything that I could ask for.

The bed was a nice queen size and I smile satisfied at my findings. I walked through the room and opened the door to the balcony and entered a dream! The view was stunning; I could not stop smiling; the sea was just in front of me 20 meters down, the water was softly hitting the cliffs below me and the sound was all I had waited for the whole cold winter.

I looked over my left shoulder and saw my two friends equally looking over the water and we all smiled; this was truly worth much more than the 60 euro we were paying per night. My friend Marc was the first to speak and he said ‘a beer anyone?’ We all laughed and agreed.

The hotel was empty the whole weekend and the service therefore closed pretty early evening. The bar closed at 11.30 pm but it was fair there were no customers, but besides that the place was amazing. There were terraces everywhere and they were already giving us the possibility to eat outside, and it was a rich breakfast with lovely fresh fruits and everything you could imagine.

The view was stunning everywhere and we were pinching ourselves for the weather we were having the whole weekend. The reception were really kind and was helping us booking time slots for our golf on the different courses in the area.
The stunning view from my room
The stunning view from my room
One of the many terraces in the mo…
Sea view

Silken Park Hotel San Jorge Overview

The hotel is situated on a cliff top, overlooking two fantastic sandy beaches, even after its recent refurbishment the Park Hotel San Jorge preserves all the flavour of the 1950s, but in a thoroughly modern setting. An ideal place for that family holiday or business meeting when what you really want is space to relax, practice sport or simply enjoy a natural setting and the countryside. An outdoor swimming pool, beautiful gardens, sauna, gymnasium, beach and nearby sporting facilities mean you can play golf, go riding, play tennis, take a bicycle tour or go path-walking. Combine leisure with sport in this magnificent setting, with the help of top class staff who mix professionalism with friendliness in just the right measure. The cuisine at the La Cala Restaurant takes full advantage of the fine local ingredients to create traditional dishes and recipes adapted for the contemporary palate. The quality cuisine and service are complemented by a beautiful setting, particularly in the summer months, where you can sample the restaurants-ns specialities on the terrace overlooking the sea, next to the swimming pool and in the shade of the gardens-ns magnificent Mediterranean pines. During the winter season the restaurant is closed and only buffet breakfast is served. The Mar Blau Cafes-ns picture windows offer relaxing views over the garden and swimming pool. During fine weather bar service extends to the outdoor terrace, allowing you to enjoy an aperitif or sip a good coffee or a glass of fine wine in the open air, refreshed by the mild sea breeze and with the relaxing murmur of the sea. These rooms have a classical and elegant d 'cor, a large desk, 26s-S LCD TV to watch 39 TV channels and 16 radio channels, individually controlled air conditioning, central heating, minibar, direct dial telephone and a safe. The marble bathrooms have an adjustable shower, hairdryer and amenities designed by Javier Mariscal.

Silken Park Hotel San Jorge Amenities

• Spa & Wellness Centre
  • Steam Bath
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes