Silk Road Hotel Petra

Check Petra Hotel Deals

Silk Road Hotel Petra Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
we were in a budget so this hotel was okay... Mar 30, 2014
The only thing I like about this hotel is its close distance to the entrance of Petra Archaeological Park. I would highly recommend to anyone to stay at hotels that are near to the site because you do not want to walk further more to go back to your hotel after a long day of walking or hiking at Petra. Petra is a hilly town.

Along the neighborhood are some restaurants, convenient stores and souvenir shops.

Breakfast is inclusive. If you like hummus you'll have a feast here!

They accept cash but in JD (Jordan Denarii) for payment. There is an in-house money changer at the lobby.

Their card reader at that time was broken so we had to pay in cash.

The hotel staffs are nice. Someone even carried our bags to our room.

They have taxi service to Aqaba border but you have to make sure it is the fair price -- which is no more than JD 55.00.

The bathroom is clean. Towels and a few toiletries are provided. A hairdryer is available but I didn’t use it so I do not know if it’s works.

They serve lunch for JD 12.00 per person. I didn’t like most of the dishes but the soup (lentil soup kind of) was okay so I helped myself for another bowl.

What I didn't like:

There is no sufficient hot water. In fact I got ran out of it while I was in the midst of taking a shower, not a cherry thing definitely.

We saw a tiny cockroach crawling in the closet. We left it lying dead in there next to the safety box so housecleaning would see it the next day but when we got back from the park it was still in the closet. We had to spray a disinfectant right away.

There is no complimentary Wi-Fi. Pay JD1.00 per hour!

It smelled cigarettes the entire place. Probably because people will just smoke inside the building even some staff does.

I would advise to find another hotel first that is close to the entrance of Petra with a fair price but if you cannot find one within your budget, then Petra Silk would just be okay especially if you are not staying for long.
purpulee ;-)
Jacqinmiddenamerika Jacqinmi…
Sleeping nearby Petra Apr 10, 2005
In the Silk Road Hotel you can sleep nearby the lost city of Petra. Wakin' up early in the morning and just rol down the hill and your in front of the well hidden city of the Nabateers. It's nice to sleep nearby so you're just able to walk to the entrance. The hotelrooms are clean, the beds are very comfortable. Absolute fantastic is the hamam, after a day strolling through Petra and climbing hundreds of stairs they make your tired leggs new again :-) Also the hotel staff is very friendly.
Jacqinmiddenamerika says:
That would be great no much hassle to get the visa. I'm really interested if you'll like the trip!!

Have a great weekend!! Jacqueline
Posted on: Jan 19, 2014
cotton_foam says:
I actually found out we can get a visa from the border of Israel and Jordan. And if we are only staying for a few days, it might even be free :)) but we will know when we get there.

I just sent the hotel and email and hopefully they will reply right away.

Have a nice weekend, Jacq!
Posted on: Jan 16, 2014
Jacqinmiddenamerika says:
From Holland to Jordan you can get a visa on arrival at the airport. I don't know if that's possible for other countries. Maybe you'll have to inform about travelling from Israel to Jordan and visaverca..

You're welcome May
Posted on: Jan 06, 2014

Silk Road Hotel Petra Overview

The Hotel Boasts Spacious And Comfortable Rooms, With Ensuite Bathroom, Tv, Telephone, Air Conditioning And Panoramic Views Of The Mountain. Single Rooms Have King Size Bed. It Also Features A Restaurant For 250 People, Turkish Bath, Massages And Souvenir Shop.

Check Petra Hotel Deals