Washington, District of Columbia Washington Reviews

vances vances
Sign Spotting Feb 26, 2004
Just sharing a fun concept for fellow travelers. Doug Lansky has centralized a collection point for wacky signs…and I’ve seen some good candidates here at TravBuddy! Here is Doug’s description of what “Signspotting” is all about:

What started as an unhealthy fascination with quirky signs in 1992 during a two-and-a-half year round-the-world journey metastasized into a nationally syndicated newspaper feature in 2000 and Lonely Planet book in the fall of 2005.

With new signs going up every day, the only way to keep track of them is with an army of travel photographers - in short, you. So, the next time you find yourself scratching your head or chuckling at a sign, please snap a picture and send it in. But before you do, please take a moment to look through the submission tips so you can maximize your chance of winning $50 or even the Round-The-World ticket.

Thanks! Look forward to seeing your photos.

I submitted a couple pictures about eight months ago and was tickled to receive a $50 check last month (don’t laugh – you need to address me as “Mr. Professional Photographer” now, lol). Even better, I just got my latest issue of Budget Travel and saw my picture there! I’ve put the web link for Doug’s web site in the caption for this review, the site is great fun.

Hope you enjoy these signs, some are very funny. I will look forward to seeing some photos on Signspotting that originally appeared on TravBuddy!

*** Feb, 2008 update --- I just received a complimentary copy of "Signspotting 2" in the mail...I guess because the picture in this review was used as the final picture in the publication! Of course I highly recommend you purchase a copy, lol. It is actually hilarious and available for only US$9.99 at Amazon.

Visit [url=] [/url] if you'd like to preview!
Let's see what your GPS says now (…
vances says:
Definitely contribute something, Chris --- it is very easy and the bragging rights are awesome, lol!
Posted on: Sep 13, 2008
reikunboy says:
This is so cool living in Japan I see tons of weird signs
Posted on: Sep 13, 2008
sybil says:
congrats! that is awesome!
Posted on: Feb 23, 2008