Signs In A Day

south beach, South Beach, FL, USA
Signs In A Day - Ta-da
Signs In A Day - My victory dance after the touchdown
Signs In A Day - I love South Beach
Signs In A Day - Play flag football (I make a great QB)
Signs In A Day - The girl's team!
Signs In A Day - Boys vs Girls (we kept a close game)
Signs In A Day - Playing flag football (offense)

Signs In A Day South Beach Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Important tips on how to enjoy your day properly Mar 10, 2012
If you're going to hang out on South beach, there are several tips to help you fully enjoy your day. If you take a look at the crowd on the beach, you can tell the locals from the tourists. As a tourist, here's a list of things you might need;

1. Towel, chair, or mat

2. Disposable cooler full of ice, a gallon of water (partially freeze it if you can), gatorade (etc)

3. Sunblock!!!

4. Hat and/or sunglasses

5. Leave the jewelry at home (just this weekend I tried to help a lady who had borrowed some little girl's goggles to try and look under water for a ring that slipped off her finger)

6. A pop-up tent would be pushing it, but don't be afraid to buy or rent or bring a beach umbrella (especially if you know you are prone to burn)-spending a few bucks is better than being in pain and peeling for the next 2 weeks.

7. Food and snacks (no chocolate-it will melt in a matter of minutes)

8. Football, frisbee or other games to play in the water (playing on the sand can be kind of hot on the toes)

Other options can include:

1. A radio

2. Your camera

3. Your phone

(the only problem is that you have to leave someone at the towel to watch your stuff if you want to go in the water or walk down the beach. There are thieves all over the beach.

Extra hint: Topless bathing is not permitted, but girls do it anyway. Then they get videotaped by leering men with small camcorders and then want to call beach security about it. So, figure out which side of the fence you're on. There is also an influx of Brazilian cut bikinis and I don't know the official rule on string bikinis (but there are a bunch of those on the beach too).

As you enter the water, the seaweed is sometimes a little too much, but once you go beyond that, they water is pretty clear. The waves aren't too rough and there are sand bars way out (so when you see someone really far out standing with the water up their knees, that's why).

If you bring snorkel gear, you might be able to see a few fish. There are very few vendors selling jewelry and ice cream. There are some juice/water huts, but do you really want to pay $3 for a bottle of water.

If your tanning, remember the "rotisserie" rule and flip every 15 minutes and don't fall asleep directly in the sun.
I love South Beach
Play flag football (I make a great…
Playing flag football (offense)
Chokk says:
So, figure out which side of the fence you're on - ha,ha
Posted on: Mar 10, 2012

Related Travel Blogs About Signs In A Day

Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…South Africa, in Singapore it was 5am and time to wake up. Some how I had ceased to exist for a few hours. Although I have to admit…
Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…day except swim and lay on the beach, also got some tickets for a the boat to Koh Pha Ngan in the morning.   Sunday 23 rd June…
Lazy Sunday in South Beach
We’d signed up for one day of the “Sagamore Plan”, which gave us buffet breakfast, internet access and beach chairs for $18 per person.  Breakfast was on the terrace with the b… We’d signed up for one day of the “Sagamore Plan”, which gave us buffet breakfast, internet…

Check South Beach Hotel Deals