Sights I have been to in Italy

Sights I have been to in Italy Reviews

NYR027 NYR027
Feb 08, 2008
I went to Italy about a year ago. I saw many historical sights and was amazed. Its amazing to see these beautifuil structures still standing after thousands of years. I went with the tour group called Contiki. They took us all over. We went to Rome, Milano, Vatican City, Sorrento, Capri, Pisa, Florence, and Venice. The country is just beautiful. I dont know where to begin.

The first sight we saw was pompei. We saw the ruins and walked around. They showed us how the people lived. It was interesting but got cut and dry after a while. What I liked most about it was seeing Mt. Vesuvius. I was able to get a great picture of it.

Capri was just absoloutely beautiful and was one of my favorite places. We took a boat ride to get there and it was raining. This also upset me because we werent able to go into the Blue Grotto. The tide was to high. It did stop raining after a while though. We took the lift to the top of Capri, which was amazing but also nerve racking at the same time, if your afraid of heights. Mainly because your in a one person open seat on a wire suspended in the air all the way to the top of Capri. But as you go up you see more and more of the island and its astounding. You can walk around the top getting many different views. I definately reccomend going to the top. It was a dismal day raining on and off, so we just basically walked around trying out all the food and gelato.

When we went to Rome we saw the Coliseum and the Roman Patheon. The Coliseum was very interesting. You can just picture in your head gladiators fighint in this arena. You can also see into the underground chambers when you look at the middle, which I thought was cool too. We also saw the Roman Patheon.

The Vatican was just breathtaking. The only downside was waiting to get in. If you dont want to wait long you have to get there early. I waited about 2 hours i'd say and we got there around 8am. But there are plenty of coffee shops and places to eat while you wait. But everything inside the Vatican is so surreal. St. Peters Basillica is prob the most beautiful place I have ever been to.

I could go on and on about the places I have been to in Italy. My favorite places were Sorrento and Venice though. Sorrento was a nice little town and you really got to see a big part of the italian culture there i think. From all the little shops to the restaurants. Venice was just like none other place I have ever been to before. Its also where I had the most amazing Gnocchi. Venice was a very relaxing place. Your completely surrounded by water everywhere you look, its beautiful.

If you have any questions about some of the places I have been to, feel free to ask!
View of Sorrento
Me and friends in Florence
dqfn1 says:
This sounds more like a blog... not a review. The idea is nice, but reviews are meant for specifik museums, restaurants, things to do (like markets, beaches, etc.) not for entire countries. The idea is nice though.
Posted on: Jul 29, 2011
jenn79 says:
What a great review! Thank you, as I am going to Rome soon and also visiting Pompeii and Blue Grotto, etc on side excursions. What month were you there that it was raining so much? =(
Posted on: Feb 08, 2008