21 Station Street, Keswick, United Kingdom - + 44 (0) 17687 80430
Siennas Bar & Steakhouse Grill - The bar on the ground floor

Siennas Bar & Steakhouse Grill Keswick Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Excellent food and great service Sep 18, 2010
I had been walking around Keswick all afternoon, I was cold and hungry, it was time to find something to eat. To my big surprise most of the cafés and diners I had seen was already closed and it was only 5 pm. I stopped by a pub, but all tables were taken. I started walking in the direction of my hotel and on Station Street I passed Siennas Bar & Steakhouse Grill. The poster with the today´s specials was tempting and it looked cozy inside so I entered.

Inside some people were drinking beer. I asked if I could order something to eat. At the bar a local guy recommended me to wait until 5:30 pm when the restaurant upstairs opened. They served the same food in the bar, but as people started filling up the place it would be much more peaceful to eat upstairs. Specially because a big football game was on TV and the supporters were getting quite loud. I ordered a beer and had a lovely chat with the guy at the bar before I went upstairs to eat. He also told me that Siennas was the best place to eat in Keswich, something I could later agree to.

Siennas Bar & Steakhouse Grill is a nice and cozy place with a warm atmosphere. It is a family run bar and restaurant. Whether you want a coffee, a beer or a steak they have it all. The bar on the ground floor was very lively and the restaurant upstairs casual, but elegant.

As I went upstairs I was greeted by one of the two friendly, helpful and caring waitresses. Within 30 minutes the place filled up. Obviously a popular restaurant! The guests were couples, families, a group of friends and singles. A nice place for everyone.

As the name says, they offer a steakhouse menu; starters, salads, mains, burgers and a separate kids menu. The mains consisted of grilled chicken, beef. lamb and fish and it cost between £8,95-£12,95. Desserts were £4,50. They offer a good selection of red, white and sparkling wine as well as beer, liquor and soft drinks. The menu had so many tempting dishes, it was difficult to choose. I ended up with the days specials, which was Roast Honey Duck served with vegetables and creamy mashed potatoes and gravy. Jummy! For desert I just had to try the home-made Sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. A real calorie bomb, but soooo good! If you want something different why no try the chilli beef noodles or the chilli and lime tuna?

I had a wonderful meal at Siennas Bar & Steakhouse Grill. Actually, it could not have been better. Excellent food and great service. I can highly recommend this restaurant. I´m convinced that this is the best restaurant in town.
Siennas Bar & Steakhouse Grill
The bar on the ground floor
The restaurant on the first floor

Check Keswick Hotel Deals