Siem Reap International Airport

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Siem Reap International Airport Reviews

joehobo joehobo
Small but neat. Apr 06, 2013
The Siem Reap International Airport is just about a few Kilometers fro Siem Reap.It well maintained and clean.All major and low cost Airlines flying in the South east Asian and particularly a few from China touch down here.The Condor Airlines from Frankfurt is the only European Airline connecting the non Asian world with Cambodia.This is the busiest Airport in Cambodia and has the necessary facilities in place.The immigration counter is well staffed but I witnessed people tipping the officers with a few dollars I did not know why?You can find many Taxis and Tuk tuks to take you to town.You have a travel desk help arrange your plans if you had not made one.If at all you are a busy person and did not have a mobile connection you can buy one too in any of the counters of the two major service providers in Cambodia.

The Port had a small duty free area and if you had missed out something or avoided fearing overweight in baggage one could find this place useful.The cost in the duty free was quite cheap but expensive when compared to the local market but who cares when spending all the Cambodian money on hand rather than taking the trouble to exchange them into your currency.

The currency exchange at the port charges are high when compared to down town exchanges.

Kuala lumpur,Seoul,Manila, Bangkok,Shangai,Singapore, Beijing Yangoon,Busan,Taipei and Frankfurt were the connections I noticed sitting there waiting for making a broken baggage insurance claim so don't worry if you happen to be in such a situation but as the Port and airline offices are lean on staff you may have to wait for more than the normal time one takes to make a complaint or claim.

No hassle is big to be scared about and looking back Siem Reap,Cambodia was one great happy experience begining from the Port which I will always muse when thinking of countries with a great history and culture.
Cho says:
I remember this airport very well as I had a small 'incident' when we arrived there in March 2009. Will write more about it in a separate review.
Posted on: Apr 07, 2013
xiansational xiansati…
Nov 30, 2007
Not one of the friendliest airports in the world. Every turn brings you to another gruff customs officer who, not knowing how to communicate in fluent english, motions with an "eh!" or "you!" before pointing to something else to indicate what they want done. They then proceed to flip and check your passports with such force that you might believe you are checking into jail. But it is to be commented that they get the job done efficiently and with minimum trouble if you have everything in place.

it is to be noted that we saw 2 guys with incredibly large bags being stopped outside the departure hall before we left. I think the officer suspected them of trying to bring back some of the ruins!

Related Travel Blogs About Siem Reap International Airport

Siem Reap is Uncle Sam's hideaway!
The 2 hour flight to Siem Reap was a breeze. Soon after landing, the Siem Reap International Airport greeted us with their smiling Asparas. Cambodian architecture was well evident on the main airport…Siem Reap International Airport greeted us with their smiling Asparas. Cambodian architecture was well evident on the main…
rush hour eh
We landed safely in Siem Reap International Airport. I had to go to the lavatory after we landed thus Clark and I were the last people to deplane and when we were on the staircase, there were two Khm…Siem Reap International Airport. I had to go to the lavatory after we landed thus Clark and I were…
Day 1 - Hello Siem Reap!
Landed at Siem Reap international airport at 7am in the morning. The morning air was cool and fresh and I looked forward to exploring the town with my group of friends over the next few days. We were…Siem Reap international airport at 7am in the morning. The morning air was cool and fresh and I looked…

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals