Siem Reap, Angkor Temples

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Siem Reap, Angkor Temples Reviews

PatrickThierry PatrickT…
Amazing Cambodia; It will meet all your expectations Oct 24, 2012

I've been several times to Cambodia and I'll go again, what for? Angkor temples.

You don't have to spend 7 or 10 days at Angkor to get impressed, as soon as you will reach the site, it will happen.

The unanswered question is: Should you start with Angkor Wat and then the other temples or the other way round. My answer/recommendation is: take 2 days to go through the others temples and then go to Angkor Wat. Why? You will recognize all the other temples in Angkor Wat. End your last day at Angkor Wat with the helicopter, it’s worth it.

I can recommend a very good guide if you want. He’s old but he knows so many things and wants to share all his knowledge. Be ready he can’t stop talking.

Except the Roof Bar or Roof Top I don’t remember the exact name there is nothing much to do in Siem Reap, Anyway it’s good, you walked all the day and tomorrow you have to wake up early.

Try to get the sunrise and sunset from one of the temples, there is a good chance you’ll be alone. Ask your guide for its best recommendation. Some of them are really helpful.

Feel free to contact me if you need anything or have any question.

Enjoy your stay in Cambodia
ivyleague says:
Nice review, thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Dec 25, 2012
yelrish says:
Nice blog and very helpful one! I should experience Cambodia:)
Posted on: Nov 02, 2012
aero3 aero3
The outter sites Siem Reap Dec 24, 2012
1st night in Siem Reap I tried some of the bars I had seen on the internet, The Station was good for a glass of wine but quiet; Mickeys is the bar for female company.

I had just finished a baked sweet potato and pork meal in the Khmer Kitchen on Pub Alley when there was a Brown out, lucky my hotel was on a different transformer and the a/c worked.

2nd day I strolled around the corner and a tuk tuk driver with a less than challenging manner asked me if I wanted a tour; for $15 I got 8 outer fringe ruins sitting comfy with my feet up and my noise cancelling headphones on. Entrance fee $20 one day $40 three days which includes most sites within 30 minutes ride from Town; if you don't have the mind set for the fringe sites at least add Preah Khan to the Angkor Wat Bayon Temple,Ta Prohm group.

My room in Ta Prohm was quiet and I got a good rest, as I now had a two more days of pass the tuk tuk was waiting for me at 9:30 and we set off to Banteay Srei; on the way you pass most of the main sites to get there but it is popular; the Water Festival, Ton le Sap, being cancelled many Cambodians took the holiday to hit the sites and picnic around the moats. The Temple is as the guide states but the visitors centre should not be missed, despite clouds it felt hot and I was glad to kick my trainers off and put my feet up and set off again for Kbal Spean.

I should have been alarmed by the 1500mtr sign at the start of the treck, one hour later I reached a measly waterfall with bedrock carvings, I could have died from heart stress, even coming down took me 50 minutes with a further chance of injury.

The ride back was long but cool, I told Mr tuk tuk not to bother for the 3rd day, I was kn**kered, a few hours rest would be in order before evening drinks and meal.

Next day was collect laundry n haircut day, a nearby ladies saloon directed me far away, some men were testing a fire hose in front of a small Mall, it worked but sprung leaks, by the time I reached a saloon and sat in the chair I was doing the same! A very pretty lass paid close attention to every head hair on my head, the rest of the day was just walkabout market time, I had web booked Great Ibis $13 to PP for 12 noon next day giving plenty of time to recover.

Great Ibis at $13 was super comfy, latest movies, wi-fi, pain au chocolat and water but it still took 7 hrs with their two stops; the drop off was near the 106St night market and an honest $2 tuk tuk got me to my hotel on 174St
Preah Khan