Sicilia...ndo

via Tomicelli 22, Rome, Italy

Sicilia...ndo Rome Reviews

TravelingGoombah Travelin…
Jun 21, 2007
Sicilia...ndo is a new Sicilian restaurant just south of Piazza di Spagna in Rome. I was looking for a good Sicilian restaurant where I could re-engage with the tastes of my childhood. While I didn't get what I was looking for, I did discover a nice, upscale restaurant with a beautiful terrace dining area. I was hoping to find some dishes that I grew up with, eggplant, putanesca, giambotta, etc -- the peasant food of my parents and grandparents. Instead, Sicialia...ndo is more upscale, and caters to a more "advanced palate." The food was excellent. We started with two appetizers - stewed mussels (very tasty, good portion sized, but mussel meat was small) and mixed fried Sicilian appetizer (tasty, good variation, well presented). After that, my friend got the vermicelli (al dente and tasty as can be) and I opted for the sword fish roulade (extremely tasty, but cold in a few spots). The restaurant caters to the leisurely dining experience, but we were being a bit of the ugly American as we wished to eat and run out for some night time sightseeing. If you have the time and wish to spend a leisurely romantic meal, this is a good choice.

Favorite Dish: The swordfish roulade was very good, but I was a bit disappointed as it was cold in the center...perhaps it was pre-made and reheated...I certainly hope not.

Check Rome Hotel Deals