via Flaminia 390, Rome, Italy

Siciliainbocca Rome Reviews

TravelingGoombah Travelin…
Jun 21, 2007
Sicily in yourr Mouth (Siciliainbocca) has three locations in Rome, but don't think of it as a chain restaurant. It is owned by two gentlemen who appear to remain committed to providing great food at reasonable prices. After trying Sicilia...ndo, we were still in search of the "peasant food" of my grandparents. I think we came a bit closer with Siciliainbocca, but even though it was not exactly peasant food, the quality and service was outstanding.

We started out with two appetizers, a chick pea pastry, and a mix of calamari, shrimp, sardines, green beans and onions lightly battered and fried. Both dishes were awesome. We then split was has to be the greatest risotto ever -- ai profundi -- with citrus. For our secondi, I opted for a mixed seafood of prawns, shrimp and swordfish, while my frend tried another mixed seafood grill (granatine). Neither of us were disappointed in the slightest. I don't know how we found the room, but we decided to splitt a negretto del passagio (almost like a tartufo) for dessert.

One note of caution -- see directions/location section below

This place was clean, service was outstanding, prices reasonable and the food was superb!

Favorite Dish: The risotto ai profundi was simply amazing.

Check Rome Hotel Deals