Siam Cookery

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Siam Cookery Chiang Mai Reviews

Dan_1985 Dan_1985
Great Fun and really recommend doing this if your in the area Mar 03, 2011
What a great day out one of the highlights of my stay in Chaing Mai.

First off your picked up and taken to a local market where you get to look at what ingredients are used in the dishes.

You then goto the kitchen and at the start there are a list of meals that you can choose from what you would like to cook.

I cooked about 6 different meals in total and tasting them after i couldn’t believed i knocked these meals up.

We were given recipe books to take home and when i returned to the UK i have cooked up many an amazing Thai dish

One bit of advise DONT HAVE BREAKFAST.
Pad Thai - Hot and Sour Soup
magnificent magnific…
Eat What You Learn May 06, 2010
There are many things I like about Thailand, specifically Chiang Mai. Among them is Thai eats! I knew when going over there I was going to take some cooking classes. I was drawn to Siam because they advertise a seafood class (which was not really offered when I went).

This is a small family operation on the outskirts of the city. They picked me up from guesthouse making a few other stops picking up more people. We arrived at a market where our guide shared his insights of shopping and the products used in cooking.

We continued to their home. It was clean and the family was friendly. I enjoyed seeing how close they were. After an overview we selected what we were to prepare. With some simple instructions off we went.

It was fun and by this point I had learned much of what they covered but of course I enjoy cooking and appreciated a different slant. Also I experimented with heat increasing the amount of chilies I used. The extra twist that makes this place stand out is the vegetable carving.

The price was about $25 as with many for a full day class.

The one negative is they promised a cookbook and after got there it was going to be emailed within a week. I emailed them several times and in a few months I got it. I like to have the actual book or booklet like the others.
If I can do it, so can YOU!
I think I need to add another chil…
All Done!
Potato and carrot carving
magnificent says:
I look forward to taking more of these cooking courses. You are right, it is lots of fun and even for those that are not confident it is comfortable. =)
Posted on: May 07, 2010
Tinktinkie says:
I loved the cooking classes in Thailand! It was a lot of fun.
Posted on: May 06, 2010