Shwarma Station

227 10 Street Northwest, Calgary, Canada

Shwarma Station Calgary Reviews

ladyluck13and7 ladyluck…
Stop here for the EVERYTHING Sandwich AKA the Jul 22, 2010
Shwarma Station is in the heart of Kensington, an expensive and trendy neighbourhood filled with yuppies.

When you come inside, it is a lovely well-lit little place situated on the main street. Half the eatery is window. I noticed it was a great place to creep out on hot yuppies who spend lots of time at the gym.

I was greeted by a smiling man of Middle East extraction with a white hat and was awesomely mustached. He exclaimed with open arms

"Welcome my friend my name is Sam! What can I do for you today?!!!"

I felt like he was my long lost Middle Eastern papa at that moment

I asked what he recommended

Sam said

"I will make Sam Sandwich for you my friend! It is delicious sandwich with EVERYTHING!"

I thought a sandwich which included EVERYTHING sounded intriguing. Never did I have an EVERYTHING sandwich. It was almost a Monty Pythonesque question,

"What is the taste of EVERYTHING?" they asked in a shrill voice as you crossed the bridge of death

I was curious so I passively acquiesced.

Sam enthusiastically replied

"Yes, you want one because you know what's going on my friend!!!"

(He rolled the "r" in "friend" for extra effect)

This friendly comment made me feel extra bad since I had just come from flunking an exam. I wanted to tell him I really didn't know what was going on. At least when it came to accounting.

I spent the 5 minutes waiting for the sandwich contemplating my life.

The sandwich came, hot and fresh. It was made in one of those heated sandwich presses. It had pickles and beef?, lettuce olives, hot peppers and such. It was quite good. It had a nice crispy shell, and the inside was a nice savory mix of sour and salty. The EVERYTHING sandwich, didn't have everything, but it was tasty, and was a good distraction from &*%*#* up grades. It was good value for money.

Sam, the owner is an exceptionally friendly fellow. So naturally I struck up a conversation with him. I asked him how he came to own this place etc. etc. eventually I asked him what he was doing on the weekend. A resigned look came over him and he admitted to working like 80 hours a week.

I find that's the case with a lot of well-run joints. You tell the friendly owner how wonderful their food is and they inevitably drags their ball and chain over to thank you.

So come on by, and enjoy this delicious food!
londonstudent says:
Maybe, but I doubt that we've got a Sam!
Posted on: Aug 04, 2010
ladyluck13and7 says:
Well yes! But they probably have less awesomeish items than your Kensington!
Posted on: Aug 03, 2010
londonstudent says:
So Kensington has at least TWO awesome things! Well, awesome-ish.
Posted on: Aug 03, 2010