Shrewsbury

Shrewsbury, England

Shrewsbury Reviews

IldikoTF IldikoTF
A medieval beauty! Stole my heart! May 19, 2012
I have returned to my beloved Shrewsbury for a weekend at Easter… and fell in love with it all over again. I used to live there about 10 years ago and although I did go back a few times since the last visit was years ago. I have no idea why!!

I love the place and the people. the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. People look at you on the street and smile, sometimes you might even get a ‘good afternoon’. I love taking photos and every time I lifted my camera to my eye people stopped so I can take my shot. No rush, no moaning J the dogs can run around in beautiful parks and EVERYONE picks up the poo J I have not seen one pile on the way…

I just love those old buildings and streets. There is soooo much character. It is a place where I could imagine settling and having a family. I have lived in a few places but a part of my heart was left in Shrewsbury.

Most people who visit would go to the charming little castle and its area. It is a great place for photographers, especially when everything is blooming. Although the gardens are always immaculate. Just the same at the Dingle in the Quarry, a beautifully kept garden with a small lake and the most perfect flowers (just see my photos). A real joy for nature lovers and photographers… and it is a great place to have a picnic as well (not on the grass though.. don’t you dare sitting on it ;) there are plenty of benches (with name tags o for people who used to love sitting there)

Shopping is also great, with lots of unique private shops selling hand made goods. And of course the Shropshire countryside around is just great! There are many lovely towns nearby.

In summary: if you want to see a real British medieval town/city with bags of history, charm, beauty and relaxing atmosphere… go to Shrewsbury and the surrounding places!

TiP: if you are there why not pop across the ‘boarder’ to Wales J

and visit Bridgenorth as well, a small river side town also full of character, with beautiful old buildings on hill sides looking down to the river.

Last time we went we stayed at Morgans

I chose Morgans for the location and the value for money. We paid £80 for a twin room without breakfast. I think Breakfast would have cost about £5 each on top but we decided to grap something and eat breakfast in the park next day J

It is right in the town centre and easy to get to anywhere in town from. There is also a car park few hundred meters away for those who drive there. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms recently refurbished with new furniture, bathrooms, bed etc. Although, there is a bar underneath it didn't bother us. We got back from dinner around midnight and the bar was still open but it was not too loud so we could go to sleep without any problem.

Although we only had one night there we enjoyed our stay and would stay again.
a tiny cafe with really low ceilin…
mind your head :)
medieval town with lot of history..

Check Shrewsbury Hotel Deals