Shotover Jet Boat

Shotover Jet Boat - Shotover Jet
Shotover Jet Boat - We are there
Shotover Jet Boat - We are there
Shotover Jet Boat - Shotover Jet Boat in the Canyon
Shotover Jet Boat - Check out how close the boat is to the Canyon Walls!

Shotover Jet Boat Queenstown Reviews

skippyed skippyed
Thrilling experience! Dec 19, 2012
One of the must do adventure thrill activities when visiting Queenstown. It's not only about the jet boat ride but also the location through the Shotover River Canyons. Drivers are very experienced and skillful at spinning the boats 360 degrees and taking you close to the canyon walls.

More info at their website:

It may be expensive but then most adventure activities in New Zealand are, this one however is worth every cent!
Shotover Jet
Shotover Jet
annemw annemw
Got a litle close to the edge Jul 26, 2009
We had a great time. It was a short ride, but worth it. The driver drives you so close to the mountain you think you're going to hit it. I swear I was 6 inches from knocking my head on it. Funner than a roller coaster ride.

You can get a photo also.
shirlan shirlan
Good fun Jun 05, 2008
Well it was our last day in Queenstown and having stood and watched the jet boats perform, the decision was made to go for a ride. More than anything else, I wanted to check out the scenery. I am not an adrenilan junky and didn't know how I would cope the spins and the close shaves. The driver pre warns you when he is about to do a 360. It is time to hold on. That made me feel better. It was still a bit scary getting so close to the rocks.

Of course there is also the information given on the boats and the river which is interesting.

Of course you are supplied with a waterproof coat and saftey jacket. Still wouldn't want to fall out. :-)

If a scaredy cat like me would do it again, it's good.

If you don't have your own transport, the company has regular buses leaving Queenstown for the short drive to the Shotover.
We are there
TYoungTX TYoungTX
Jet Boating on the Shotover River Feb 07, 2005
It's billed as the world's most exciting Jet Boat Ride -- and I believe it. The Shotover River is a short ten minute drive from Queenstown and the setting is in a dramatic rocky canyon with a ribbon of tourquoise blue water that in and of itself is breathtaking.

The jet boats used on the Shotover ride are designed specifically for this venue. Each boat carries up to 14 passengers. They are powered by twin engines powered by V6 Buick engines each thrusting over 800 liters of water per second. They can operate in water as low as 10cm in depth, so you can get very close to the edge of the river banks and skim across rocks that would cripple traditional propeller driven boats!

The drivers of these boats undergo rigorous training -- and must be required to go to comedy school as well, as they all seem to have the comedy schtick down pat. The ride is amazing -- it includes many 360 degree spins, water spraying every where as you careen up and down the Shotover Canyon. You come so close to rocks, canyon walls, trees and other boats that you forget to breathe!

This ride is a definite must in Queenstown -- and I rate it a higher than it's sister ride on the North Island, the Huka Jet near Taupo. Although both are thrilling -- the Shotover has the canyon walls and "close calls" they provide to make the experience that much more thrilling.
Shotover Jet Boat in the Canyon
Check out how close the boat is to…

Related Travel Blogs About Shotover Jet Boat

Milford Sound, Mitre Peak....Paradise!
So Saturday morning it was. The weather was shite at 6 am, didn't feel like getting up very quickly any more because Milford Sound while raining isn't any fun!We gut up anyway, and at least we were s…Queenstown to do the Shotover Jet boat ride, which we couldn't do last week because of the weather, and then…
Huka Falls
Our next stop of the day was at Huka Falls.  Huka means "foam" in Maori -- and it is an appropriate name for this waterfall on the Waikato River.  The falls are where La…Queenstown.  Both are amazing rides.  More on the Shotover River jet boat ride when we get to the South…
Milford Sound
We woke up early this morning and were eager to find out if the weather was good enough to fly over to Milford Sound.  We had to wait until 9 to hear from the airline charter service we had book…Queenstown, we flew right over the Shotover River where we had jet boated the day before.  I am amazed…

Check Queenstown Hotel Deals