Shopping in Hanoi

Hanoi, Vietnam

Shopping in Hanoi Reviews

Rachelsc Rachelsc
Night Market in Hanoi, Vietnam - November 2010 Jul 24, 2011
Night markets are very common in the Asian countries. Coming from Malaysia, where night markets exist in every corner of the country, I was pretty used to the many people walking in a narrow pathway, bumping into the people in front of me when they suddenly stop because they see something they like at one of the stalls.

I was with a group of friends and this was part of the tour. The night market in Hanoi is pretty much like the ones we see in Malaysia. But being a female, I was always careful with the stuff I carry with me.

About 20 steps into the night market, I realised that I got bumped into many times. And the people were rude enough not to apologise, to a point that it made me wonder if all those bumps were done on purpose. Immediately, I swung my backpack in front of me and asked my husband to do likewise.

Another 20 steps further, one of my friends almost got robbed. She was walking with her 5 year old son when four teenage girls went very close behind her. Another friend saw what was happening and was fast enough to pull her friend away from the teenagers. It was a little too late. Her Gucci handbag was slashed 5 inches. It was the quick-action of her friend who saved her passport and cash from getting stolen.

After that incident, we turned back, our mood for shopping dissipated and we went to a nearby cafe to have a drink.

I think that everywhere we go, we need to be very careful with our surroundings and ALWAYS have a travel buddy watching out for you.
batran batran
Feb 28, 2007
Shopping centers gather many brand name products such as Levi, Lacoste, Nike,... with fixed prices. Strong point: you don't need to haggle/ Weak point: It's way too expensive and there are things you can get cheaper in your own country!

Trang Tien plaza

Address: 24 Hai BA Trung street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi, Vietnam

Tel: (84 4) 9346739

Fax: (84 4) 9349715

Note: The high-profile, 18,800sq.m shopping centre, located on the site of the former Hanoi General Department Store near Hoan Kiem (Restored Sword) Lake, is 100 per cent domestic-owned. The centre comprises six storeys and an underground floor that will be used for vehicle parking.Designed by French architect Claude Cuverlier, Trang Tien Plaza is the largest commercial centre in the capital and has once again made the lakeside site a Hanoi landmark.

BigC Supermarket

Address: 222 Tran Duy Hung street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Vietnam

Note: This is a wholesale center, with all the products selling at a reasonable price. Clothes, food, electrical appliances can easily be found here.

Vincom City Towers

Address: 191 Ba Trieu street, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi, Vietnam

Note: Vincom City Towers of Vincom Jsc. at 191 Ba Trieu Str. is a real Vietnam modern trade centre that could compare with those in other regional countries. Ninety eight percent of the building area has been used so far. The tower includes entertainment center, supermarket,... as well as beautiful highland cafe and other bakeries as well.

Related Travel Blogs About Shopping in Hanoi

A Curious Capital
Phnom Penh is full of contradictions. Cambodia is a monarchy and nominally democratic. In the centre, the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda complex has been beautifully restored and is busy with tourist…Hanoi) shops. But in other parts of the city the poverty strikes you. Dilapidated buildings, rubbish in the street…
Sinjao ... Hanoi
February 11-14, o6 - Hanoi, Vietnam. In February 2006 we had a long holiday during valentine's day and we should go somewhere to spend our single moment with the all the girls in our gang so when Ni…shopping in Hanoi is not bad, cheap. I bargained a lot.  First day, we went to Jor Ngoun…
First impressions of Hanoi and Vietnam
We landed almost on time and sailed through immigration despite not having an onward ticket booked out of the country which we had been warned might cause some problems. Adam had a bit of a scare at …Hanoi is souvenir shopping paradise and we came back from our walk with a massive list of things we seen…

Check Hanoi Hotel Deals