Shopping at the Silk Market

No. 8 East Street, Beijing, China
Shopping at the Silk Market - Me and Anna
Shopping at the Silk Market - The craziness of the market
Shopping at the Silk Market - I got 'my price'!!
Shopping at the Silk Market - The craziness of the market

Shopping at the Silk Market Beijing Reviews

joeq65 joeq65
What an experiance and not to be missed. Nov 22, 2011
The silk market is an experience. Don't be deceived by the name. They sell so many things there that you can't begin to name them all. A couple key hints... You will negotiate and if you do it well it will be a verbal and probably physical experience. If you look particularly western then you can expect the vendors to try to tell you how much something would be worth in NYC as opposed to the fantastic 'bargain' they are offering you. Whatever you do don't believe that what you are buying is the real name brand. Yeah it says 'juicy' but real Juicy name brand doesn't originally ship in plastic bags with Chinese characters on it! Nor were any of the other name brands on display to be believe to be the real thing. My experience was that if you pay more than 1/2 the original offer from the vendor then the vendor has probably made out quite well. The most powerful negotiating technique you have at your disposal is disinterest. My friend was physically restrained from attempting to walk away once and she's a solid, don't mess with me 5'8"! You in the course of your negotiations should at least attempt to walk away. Getting a good price should be view as a game, a challenge.
Let's Get Some Shoes!!! Nov 30, 2009
The sellers are super aggressive when buying shoes at the silk market. But, the deals are insane! I bought 10 pairs of shoes for about $7.00 US per pair. The best way to get a good price is to pick out everything you want, and then negotiate for the entire lot. They have boots, sandals, dress shoes, men's, women's, children's...everything. Note: they sell mostly in European sizes, and even those can be off - something to think about if you are buying for someone who is not there.

The vendor that gave me that great price was Hu Ke. He is on the minus one floor (-1), No. F1-0058-0060-0070

His mobile # is: 13051738388
Flyinhigh says:
She was awesome.
Africancrab says:
I will definitely go here. Takiing in all the info, great reviews, keep them coming
Flyinhigh says:
Yes, It was so fun! I am ready to go back...let me know when you're ready...shop 'til you drop!!! Lol
Posted on: Dec 14, 2009
Watches...Watches...Watches Nov 30, 2009
Lisa has every possible style of watch. Sport watches, "designer" watches, fashion watches, leather strap, dive watches...everything. Lisa drives a hard bargain, but if you are persistent, you will get what you want at your price. Bargaining is a way of business in China, and you should know going in that there will be a negotiation. So, when you make your initial offer, be prepared to volley back-and-forth on the price.

I purchased five watches from her, and all at very good prices.

To find Lisa, go to the 4th floor, number:

D6-008

Email: jiangchenxi-d6-006@163.com

Mobile: 13520799493
Africancrab says:
OMG you even have a phone contact, cool
Got Shades? Nov 30, 2009
If you are in the market (lol) for some shades, Amy has every style and type!! Sporty, fashion, function, polarized, glam...everything!! In addition, she also does prescription glasses, and has a really great selection of frames. Get this, prescription glasses are done same day!!

As with everything in the Silk Market, you need to bargain, and the more you're buying the better price you will be able to negotiate. I got sunglasses in the case for the equivalent of $8.00 US - with a dust cloth!

If you are going to find Amy's shop, she is at number: D6-003, 4th Floor.

Email: xiangfeiyan0193@qq.com

Phone: 15011050607
Africancrab says:
And boy do I love silk, this will be a place to have fun a when I visit
The Best "Designer" Bags Nov 30, 2009
If you are going to the Silk Market in Beijing with the intention of buying some bags, then Anna is your girl! Generally, shopping in the Silk Market can be intense...the vendors grab at you, pull you in their direction, yell...well, you get the picture. So, Anna was a pleasant surprise. You will have to bargain for your price, but she keeps the experience enjoyable and you will get good quality bags from her. The more you're purchasing, the better the price! I will definitely buy from her again, and I would even order by mail from her too. Send me a message if you want specific product information; if I can help you out, I will!

If you are going to see Anna, she is on -1 floor (Yes, minus 1), and you will identify her shop by this number: No.F4-0072-0076

Happy shopping!!!
Me and Anna
I got "my price"!!
Lots of bags...everywhere!
The craziness of the market

Related Travel Blogs About Shopping at the Silk Market

Here we are!
After 2 hour flight, we arrived in Seoul at 2pm.  We found a bus right away to our hostel. We don't know any Korean but I showed my ticket and asked the guy if this bus was the one and he said '…Silk market in Beijing. One shop is so tiny but many shops in one floor.  Most clothes/bags/shoes.. and cheap…
Beijing and the Great Wall to Seoul, South Korea
Over the next few days we chilled out and explored Beijing, which to be honest really underwhelmed me and left me disappointed to be leaving China from a place I didn’t really enjoy. Maybe it was…Beijing mainly consisted of shopping in the markets and wandering around. The Silk Street market is highly recommended for any souvenirs…

Check Beijing Hotel Deals